Research Project *Please help*

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Which of these flight schools have you heard of before

Centennial Flight Centre
21%
Cooking Lake Aviation
15%
Edmonton Flying Club
17%
Sky Wings Aviation Academy
13%
Montair Aviation
13%
Absolute Aviation
2%
Namao Flying Club
13%
None of the above
8%

Total votes: 48

MacewanStudent
Rank 0
Rank 0

Research Project *Please help*

Post by MacewanStudent »

This is a quick survey to analyze flight school statistics answers will be greatly appreciated!

1)Which demographics do you fall under?
-Please specify geographical location
-Please specify age
-Please specify gender
(example, 24 male Edmonton)

2)If you are currently enrolled, how did you find your flight school? If you are not currently enrolled, how are you researching flight schools? (this will help us evaluate the most attractive marketing outlets) (Did you use google, look at reviews, ask others)

3)What is most important to you when choosing a flight school? (this will answer WHY they chose a flight school or why they will choose a flight school)

4)What type of funding are you aware of that is currently available to you? (Personally funded, government funding, RESPs)

5)How did you choose your school?What flight schools are you aware of?

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Research Project *Please help*

Post by shawnthesheep »

1)
South Edmonton
Male

2) Was enrolled at cooking lake for ground school. Learnt nothing, instructors boring and not excited to teach. Did 2 flights there and kinda realized that they only really teach the practical aspect of flying. Switched to Edmonton Flying Club (redid ground school and passed my written exam in flying colors), best decision of my life. Instructors are amazing. They drill theory into your head while teaching you the practical aspect of flying. The CFI Sophia is amazing, the manager Gerald is amazing and my instructor John is not only my instructor but my I consider him to be one of my close friends.

3) Plane Availability (Edmonton Flying Club is hands down the most expensive flight school in Edmonton but they have 4 G1000 C172s and about to get another by end of April). Amount of Instructors. Teaching style. I wanted a school to teach both theory and practical.

4) RESP for everything including PPL, Goverment funding after PPL.

5) Online research, went in person

Note: I finished my PPL and am going to a Aviation University out east to finish the rest (Simply because of the partnership with airlines, not saying you can't get to airlines without them just my path). If in Edmonton hit me up in PMs and I can maybe take you up and show you around the club. A

ShawnR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Research Project *Please help*

Post by ShawnR »

1)Which demographics do you fall under?
54 M Ontario

2)If you are not currently enrolled...google, forums, past students

3)What is most important to you when choosing a flight school? reputation would be king/cost a second factor

4)What type of funding are you aware of that is currently available to you? none

5)How did you choose your school?What flight schools are you aware of? n/a

Taking private lessons/private aircraft, always, from PPL to CPL. PPL Ground school was one of two local schools, at the time, based on talking to both of them. CPL was on line as not available locally. Both schools are gone.

Not sure that helps your survey as not the norm, I don't think, for your target audience

Return to “Flight Training”