International student need help

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

vkstjrl
Rank 0
Rank 0

International student need help

Post by vkstjrl »

Hi,thanks for reading my post and ièm here to ask some questions about which program should be reasonable to choose

I went to Cargair and they recommended me taking Attestation of collegial studies (72k Most expensive) since i'm not a Canadian and there'll be a diploma after which i'm not certain if airline companies take credit for it.
My question is if it's worthy to take this or should i take Modular program (55k a lot cheaper) after 1 year i get my permanent residence (But i already waited 1year due to delaying medical exam)

and plus do Airline companies accept a degree from other country?

by the way my goal in flight industry is to go to major airline or Cargo

i have so many questions that i want to ask but i'll stop here thank you ahead :D
---------- ADS -----------

yaro007
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: International student need help

Post by yaro007 »

As an international student you cannot do a modular program because you need a student visa. Check out this video for everything you need to know: https://youtu.be/VWtdix3xcXE

apenner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by apenner »

Nonsense. Modular course is fine for a student visa.

Adam

yaro007
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yaro007 »

apenner wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:36 pm Nonsense. Modular course is fine for a student visa.

Adam
If you could provide the info on that I’m sure it would be helpful👍🏻
As from my research to get a student visa you need to be enrolled into an approved program, which the school also needs to be recognized for.

thesimplelife
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by thesimplelife »

yaro007 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:04 pm As an international student you cannot do a modular program because you need a student visa. Check out this video for everything you need to know: https://youtu.be/VWtdix3xcXE
Are you sure? I'm pretty confident I know a guy who was here on a student visa and did a modular program.

thesimplelife
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by thesimplelife »

Actually, I'm %100 positive.

Daigo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Daigo »

yaro007 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:24 am
apenner wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:36 pm Nonsense. Modular course is fine for a student visa.

Adam
If you could provide the info on that I’m sure it would be helpful👍🏻
As from my research to get a student visa you need to be enrolled into an approved program, which the school also needs to be recognized for.
I was told that any flight training unit can sponsor a student for a visa which will allow them to do all training. But for some reason, these requirements are only needed for training beyond the PPL stage. My school refuses to give out visas as they used to be given out rapidly by ftu's desperate for students then the "students" dissapear and settle for a life in canada which prompted investigations with the ftu's

This information might be limited to ontario since FTU's must act as private career colleges for students that are past PPL (or be associated with a college/uni)

karim1021
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by karim1021 »

I already applied for a student visa through Concordia University, will that grant me the option to do the Modular Approach

Return to “Flight Training”