What marks do i need to get into confed

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

dot123
Rank 0
Rank 0

What marks do i need to get into confed

Post by dot123 »

I am really interested in attending confed next fall but was wondering what are the best marks you need to get in, if you can share yours that would give me an idea. I heard the standards went high around this year and for the future judging by the statistics not to mention the number of seats available (blw the avg number which is 60), any students who applied after 2017 who got in with 50-70's? also looking at the statistics, the lowest mark was an 82; My grades in grade 12 phy and math was 70 on the dot and I think a high 70 on eng (all college), btw do they look at grd.11 marks as well if so I got a 51 in math and 84 in eng? Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

EGW
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: What marks do i need to get into confed

Post by EGW »

I was accepted in 2017 as well as 2019 (I didn’t go the first time.) This is what I was told when I applied the first time... They look at your grade 12 advanced functions, and your grade 12 U English, as well as your next two highest U or M level classes in either grade 11 or 12. In my case I had an 88 in advanced functions, 84 in U English, and then 90 and 91 in some random classes like history and music. As long as you have 80s in those U level classes you should be fine. I can’t speak for the college level stuff.

BBsault
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: What marks do i need to get into confed/AVOID SAULT

Post by BBsault »

Hello,
If you have solid upper 70's you should be OK. Each year is new though so it depends on the average of those applying.

I can not speak for Confed, but I can for Sault as I am a current student, going into my last, year 3, this Sept.19. They tend to take more then they really should, as they are government funded per person sitting in a seat. As well over the past year, their graduated/success rate has been between 45% to 55% in the program. This is a stated in their yearly online report.

If you are considering Sault College just know this. Our class as stated above it going into their 3rd/last year in a few weeks. Most of us are trying to finish our Private Pilot license this month that we stared on Year 1, yes that far behind. Some students just left after waiting 3, 4, 5 weeks between flights repeatedly during year 2. Others are having a very hard time passing their recommendation flight from the inconsistent flight training over the last year. Some have been told they can not come back to do their last years classes as they will not have their PPL by Sept. They have to take a year off and come back in 2020 Sept. It really is a mess.

Anyway, I am telling you this if you are considering Sault College. The instructors are great but upper management not so much.

Hope this helps.

172ReliefPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: What marks do i need to get into confed

Post by 172ReliefPilot »

I applied in 2015 and was accepted in 2015. I took University classes in grad 12 just incase i wanted to go down that stream. Took english U around a low 70, U Math ..functions and got a 55..."improved" to 62 in summer school and took college physics, a repeat of my U grade 11 physics and got an 92 in it. With the current situation and demand for instructors they may have tightened the entrance requirements but not sure. As far as the Confed college courses go, you need a minimum final grade of 70% in all aviation related courses "AF" 60 in math in physics, and any compulsory courses are 50%. PM me for more info...I graduated in 2017

Return to “Flight Training”