Does it matter where I get my Instructor's rating from?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

gopherblack
Rank 2
Rank 2

Does it matter where I get my Instructor's rating from?

Post by gopherblack »

Hi,

I'm looking to do my instructor's rating, however, most schools in AB have a waiting list. I asked SeaLand aviation in Campbell River and they said they might be able to accommodate me and Moncton's flight college said their course starts mid September ( I however don't want to move that far). So, my question is if it matter where I do my instructor's rating from?

Thanks,
Gopher
---------- ADS -----------

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Does it matter where I get my Instructor's rating from?

Post by 7ECA »

Like most training, no one cares as long as you end up a competent pilot.

Having said that, it makes the most sense to complete your rating at a school you want to work at. Schools need instructors, and if you aren't a mouth breathing imbecile, they'll want to hire you.

Moesif
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Moesif »

I did mine at Windsor flying club (ontario) and would suggest it if you are looking for 1 on 1 training rather than a course. It's also cheaper than most other schools...

Tuza
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tuza »

gopherblack wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:11 am Hi,

I'm looking to do my instructor's rating, however, most schools in AB have a waiting list. I asked SeaLand aviation in Campbell River and they said they might be able to accommodate me and Moncton's flight college said their course starts mid September ( I however don't want to move that far). So, my question is if it matter where I do my instructor's rating from?

Thanks,
Gopher
Did you try Excel in Lethbridge? Roland is pretty fantastic.

Float_lover
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Float_lover »

You can look at closer school in BC or in NWT.
We've just open a school in fort smith and our class 1 instructor have a lot of free time.

You can get a look at: aviatorschool.ca

CaptainKirk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CaptainKirk »

gopherblack wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:11 am Hi,

Thanks,
Gopher
It doesn’t matter at all where you do your instructor rating. All the flight tests for instructor ratings have to meet the same standards that TC mandates. Just make sure you start applying before your instructor rating is actually complete.

Return to “Flight Training”