Logbook Botch from years ago....

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Spinwmts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Logbook Botch from years ago....

Post by Spinwmts »

Hey Guys (and Gals),

This is crazy but back in the day when I was training in the US, after two Redbird Sim flights my CFII told me to log that time in PIC and TT (in addition to sim/inst etc.). Why he told me to log it as PIC still has me scratching my head. But anyways, It's only 2.5 hrs of time, and I'd like to correct it in my log book. However, I don't want to line out the TT and PIC in the total sections in 15 or so pages.

Can I just make a correction entry on my current page subtracting the hours and referencing the entries that were incorrect?

I'll be handing my book over to TC in a couple of weeks I don't want to have this mistake become a problem.

Thanks e1
---------- ADS -----------

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Logbook Botch from years ago....

Post by Aviatard »

Yes. I did that when I applied for the ATPL and it was acceptable.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Spinwmts wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:01 pm
Can I just make a correction entry on my current page subtracting the hours and referencing the entries that were incorrect?

I'll be handing my book over to TC in a couple of weeks I don't want to have this mistake become a problem.
Yep, that’s how you’d go about it. Make sure the cross out if you choose to do so remains legible in case you ever wanted to submit your log to a prospective employer or to Transport for a new licence (ATPL).

At the end of the day it’s your log not Transport but transparency goes a long way!

Regards,
TPC

Spinwmts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Spinwmts »

Great, Thanks for the advice!

Return to “Flight Training”