PIC DUAL Same time in the States

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Spinwmts
Rank 2
Rank 2

PIC DUAL Same time in the States

Post by Spinwmts »

Hi Everyone,

Going through my log book prepping to hand it over to TC for a CPL. So way back in the day when I was flying in the US after I got my PPL I logged Dual and PIC while under the hood for the same flight at the direction of my instructor. This appears to be correct in the States as I was the sole manipulator of the controls. However, that does not appear to be the case here. So when I hand my book over will TC not count the PIC time I recorded? Luckily its only 1.3 hours so I'll have more than 101.3 hours of PIC time before I apply, but I'm just wondering how they will react to seeing Dual and PIC on the same line in log book.
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: PIC DUAL Same time in the States

Post by lownslow »

TC is unlikely to count it but as long as your total is legit per the CARs you ought to be good. In a couple years that 1.3 will be less than the accumulated math errors in your book so there won’t be a meaningful lasting impact.

firstofficer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: PIC DUAL Same time in the States

Post by firstofficer »

Given that it was a dual flight as you’ve mentioned, in Transport Canada’s eyes it’s not considered PIC time. Would you have any idea whether any of my instrument time in the States can be counted towards the 65 commercial training hours? In particular the 20 dual instrument hours they mention.

Return to “Flight Training”