Saron & Samra forum

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

SaraC172
Rank 0
Rank 0

Saron & Samra forum

Post by SaraC172 »

Hey guys .
Wrote saron n passed # 06 . Will help if u need . Questions weren’t straight forward 😣. More tricky in language than the subject itself .
Wrote Samra but failed 😳 . We’re really disappointed as I did read well - sources nizus , aerocourse pilot training sharperedge . Bit to be honest nothing fm aerocourse even close to . nothing . But fir saron worked well .
I got Samra #16 . Over 50% of the questions never seen them before . Exam mainly focused on HF , WAAS , fog , GPPPPPPPPPS OMG I GOT MORE THAN 4 questions on GNSS/gps And all went wrong .

Any can help and done Samra #15 & 14 ☹️ Cyz I expect one of them .
I appreciate any hints thx guys .
---------- ADS -----------

SaraC172
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Saron & Samra forum

Post by SaraC172 »

Any help here 😞.

huanyu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by huanyu »

i did 3 weeks ago. aerocourse is really good. but you can’t just memorize the answers, they change the questions slightly. plus need to know computer flight plan. few wx charts but not as crazy as aerocourse ones. i got 2 and all wrong. i will do SARON on 17th. little worried about the charts cause some questions in aerocourse i still can’t figure them out. didn’t go through all the regulations as well... just did aerocourse ans pilot training .ca questions

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

Read, study, form coherent sentences.

Take your time, think about the scenarios. Go through it in your head first and use the study material to translate the knowledge into your real world flying.

Olegmagellan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Olegmagellan »

Heliian wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:37 am Read, study, form coherent sentences.

Take your time, think about the scenarios. Go through it in your head first and use the study material to translate the knowledge into your real world flying.
Good advise, but also,be careful with questions wording! Some of them in confusing way and require logical approach.
Take your time, check answers twice, return again when finished all. Good luck.

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

I used Nizus.com for practice exams before writing. The exams were great and very close to the TC exams. Passed both Saron and Samra with >80% and had no issues.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
SaraC172
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SaraC172 »

thanks all for great advice

did samra # 15 , pretty much straight fwd . no complex questons as those in # 16 :rolleyes: .... focused manily in WASS , GPS OVERLAY , ADSB , GPS STAND ALONE , AUTOPILT . but noting to be worry about . i finished in first hour with 93.7% . missed 5 questions .... compute cp which im sure i did it right . weird :rolleyes: . another one kinda ( stupid qq ) for ifr mandatory routes. impact of standing water on runway friction , other one is aircraft lighting detection , this question is popped up 3 times in saron , and both samra and the funny things twice i answered right and last samra i got it wrong i guess cuz i was answering very fast . I didnt even did the last quick revision which is wrong but normally if i do i will start changing all my answers :lol:

the rest really not complicated at all . some questions were super super easy like piece of cake honesty surprised me and was thinking if its twisted or not or things behind :rolleyes: as TC well known wont do this :lol: but surprisingly they did . one of these . wts elongated region for low pressure .. no tricks just simple straight language tho.

sources :

studied religiously Weather manual air force . each line, word by word understanding very well . pilot trainning went through all their presentations but honestly i didnt do any evals at the end ..none of them done.

aerocourse went over just to check knowledge .
nizus only 2 first tests .

any questions ready to help as memory still fresh for the exams .

crusin_da_skys
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crusin_da_skys »

SaraC172 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:09 pm thanks all for great advice

did samra # 15 , pretty much straight fwd . no complex questons as those in # 16 :rolleyes: .... focused manily in WASS , GPS OVERLAY , ADSB , GPS STAND ALONE , AUTOPILT . but noting to be worry about . i finished in first hour with 93.7% . missed 5 questions .... compute cp which im sure i did it right . weird :rolleyes: . another one kinda ( stupid qq ) for ifr mandatory routes. impact of standing water on runway friction , other one is aircraft lighting detection , this question is popped up 3 times in saron , and both samra and the funny things twice i answered right and last samra i got it wrong i guess cuz i was answering very fast . I didnt even did the last quick revision which is wrong but normally if i do i will start changing all my answers :lol:

the rest really not complicated at all . some questions were super super easy like piece of cake honesty surprised me and was thinking if its twisted or not or things behind :rolleyes: as TC well known wont do this :lol: but surprisingly they did . one of these . wts elongated region for low pressure .. no tricks just simple straight language tho.

sources :

studied religiously Weather manual air force . each line, word by word understanding very well . pilot trainning went through all their presentations but honestly i didnt do any evals at the end ..none of them done.

aerocourse went over just to check knowledge .
nizus only 2 first tests .

any questions ready to help as memory still fresh for the exams .

Hey

I'm happy that you passed and got the exams out of the way

was wondering if you have any further information. Do you remember any of the questions that came up

Doctore
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doctore »

Quick feedback.

Did my SAMRA a week back and got through #16

One thing for sure is RTQ 3 times. And by saying so, don't just read the question back to back 3 times! Read the question once, formulate an answer in your head. Now read the question again and head out to the answers. Tackle each answer as true or false.

I had about 60 questions on weather. Mostly GFA's
Fronts, airmasses, Jetstreams and the whole lot.
The tough part is analyzing the question! What are they looking for.

Too much is like too little! Don't stress too much on understanding the question, find a balance. Sometimes too much is just quite the opposite.

Basically I'm converting my Atpl license. By far I have passed the inrat and samra. That being said, I have reviewed both exams at the end q by q and guess what!
I have decided to amend some answers and turns out I was right in the first place. GUT feel is important at times.

May sound weird. Take your eyes off the computer for a min. Maybe that's all u need to get back to speed..

80 percent of those tests are based on abstract thinking. Think out of the box.

My 2 cents!

😊

concord
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by concord »

Hey everyone just sat saron #006 didnt get through...does anyone know what other saron # i can get on my next sitting or study material?

concord
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by concord »

Doctore wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:18 pm Quick feedback.

Did my SAMRA a week back and got through #16

One thing for sure is RTQ 3 times. And by saying so, don't just read the question back to back 3 times! Read the question once, formulate an answer in your head. Now read the question again and head out to the answers. Tackle each answer as true or false.

I had about 60 questions on weather. Mostly GFA's
Fronts, airmasses, Jetstreams and the whole lot.
The tough part is analyzing the question! What are they looking for.

Too much is like too little! Don't stress too much on understanding the question, find a balance. Sometimes too much is just quite the opposite.

Basically I'm converting my Atpl license. By far I have passed the inrat and samra. That being said, I have reviewed both exams at the end q by q and guess what!
I have decided to amend some answers and turns out I was right in the first place. GUT feel is important at times.

May sound weird. Take your eyes off the computer for a min. Maybe that's all u need to get back to speed..

80 percent of those tests are based on abstract thinking. Think out of the box.

My 2 cents!

😊
hey can i please get more feedback on this...Im sitting my SAMRA in December.

Return to “Flight Training”