advice required regarding few questions for Cpl

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Maaz12
Rank 0
Rank 0

advice required regarding few questions for Cpl

Post by Maaz12 »

Hi Guys i am newbie who wanted to become pilot, required some advice's and suggestion from you guys who have more knowledge and experience

(Colleges)
i am residing in Brampton, Ontario. so i have checked both Senneca and BFC(Brampton Flight centre) now they both have huge difference cost wise and duration wise so me being only bread winner in the family of 4 (2 adults +2 Kids) it is highly expensive to afford BFC and at the same time since my whole Family depends on me and i don't have the time to spend 4 yrs with senneca. what could i possibly do to get enrolled in BFC in terms of loans wise, since OSAP does not cover this Program.

(Courses)
Now BFC is offering 3 Programs
*Commercial Pilot License Program 200 HR Multi/IFR CPL (you can do this on your own pace )
this includes
PPL
CPL
Multi Engine
IFR Multi
Build up time
Total cost $53,120.00

2nd is* College Professional Pilot Training program( college Degree)
PPL
Night Rating
CPL
Multi Engine
Instrument
Build up Experience
Total cost $66,080.00

3rd is * College Integrated Airline Transport Pilot license (full college degree)
Ppl
Cpl/ Night rating
Multi engine
Instrument
ATPL
Total Cost $ 86,266.22
now could any one tell me which one is the best course to start which will be beneficial in terms of money. should i focus on the College IATPL program and look for student loan or something? or should i start CPL Program (on pace) and start working in field and then go for IATPL

(Commitment)
can i work while studying?

also the exams are all mcqs or theory to ?

(License Validty)
after getting Full license till IATPL. are you eligible to work with any airline in the world after meeting their flying requirement ?
i feel clouded with all these question anyone help will be appreciated!
---------- ADS -----------

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: advice required regarding few questions for Cpl

Post by ayseven »

Costs are estimates only. It will depend on how much you fly. If you have to miss a few weeks due to "aircraft inavailability" or something, you may need a few more hours to make up your knowledge etc.

Can you study while working? Well, I do not have experience with aviation colleges, only universities. Work in the summer only, or you will likely fail. Now, in the flying world, summer is where you can build hours like crazy because of the nice weather. So we have introduced a slight complication to my work in the summer routine...

I did work when I started flying (way before university), and it slowed me down, but I had no debt. Balancing things leads to disaster in my opinion: just pick a path and go down it full blast. Work, and take a month or two off, and go hard at it if you want to fly privately, and not through a college. Then build time on weekends.

Is the license good all around the world? Short answer: No. ICAO licenses (like ours) are good in Africa and Asia maybe, but not Europe or Australia. Ask yourself, why would they hire you when they can hire locals?

Right now, as of today, there are lots of jobs. Some seem to be good ones, but do not be mislead: companies want the best, most experienced people they can find, and if you like airlines (and let's face it, who doesn't?), they like aviation college people right now. As of now, the vast majority of companies have no trouble getting resumés, but once somebody gets hired, they do not seem to stay, because now they have the time, they are more interesting to the "better" companies, with better airplanes. So are companies short of pilots? No. It is, and always has been, hard to get your feet through the door at first. There has never been and never will be, a shortage of low time people desperate for work that will get them their dream job, where they can eat candy all day, never get fat, and watch the dandelions blowing in the wind, listening to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hjEYTpwE8.

The field is not really for family people: you have odd hours of work, and due to the nature of things, you are away at airports a lot. Not so much time to sightsee in my experiences. The regular 9-5 people are no longer a part of your world, so that limits your friends, unless you only want aviation friends, who are never on your schedule either. You cannot take night courses or schedule weekly events, because your flying schedule is always changing. I guess there are rare exceptions to this. A way around it, is to work summers only, which is what I did, mostly because that was all there was available at the time, then you can do whatever you want all winter - usually collecting pogey or whatever it is called now.

My advice is to choose a direction and go at it. Aviation will take you away from anything "normal", so if that appeals to you, work like mad, meet the right people, and you will succeed.

Maaz12
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: advice required regarding few questions for Cpl

Post by Maaz12 »

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions and sharing your experience i will definitely. keep it in considartion!

Return to “Flight Training”