CPL Exam Writers - Please read

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

avcraig
Rank 1
Rank 1

CPL Exam Writers - Please read

Post by avcraig »

Hi,

I plan on writing my Commercial Written sometime this year, hopefully before July or so.

The books that I have to study for it so far are
- From The Ground Up
- Aerocourse Aviation & Meteorology

I have heard of Sharper Edge and the Commercial Pilot Answer Guide, pilotexams.ca (which I used for my PPL). Do you recommend I get these books or any other books not mentioned?

Any tips for how to study/best ways to study? Should I print off the TC CPL Exam Topics and cover those or just go through all of the books in their entirety, etc.

Those who have wrote the exam recently please let me know.

Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

DCL415
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: CPL Exam Writers - Please read

Post by DCL415 »

I studied only with Commercial Pilot Answer Guide and the AIM. Passed no problem. I do not think you need to spend tons on a lot of books

Spinwmts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: CPL Exam Writers - Please read

Post by Spinwmts »

Since you need a Letter of Recommendation and my flight school didn't offer CPL Ground School I went to Harv's air and was happy with the resources (hundreds of hours of video, pretty realistic practice tests, etc.) I passed my exam but it was pretty tough. I posed the question on here about which test is the hardest of all TC exams and most said it was the CPAER. I think the INRAT was a close second though.

Return to “Flight Training”