Dual time with ifr cpl in northern BC

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

fnzk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Dual time with ifr cpl in northern BC

Post by fnzk »

Looking to start working towards my IFR and would like to find an current IFR CPL rated pilot in my neighbourhood to connect with to do some documentable dual in my C-210 and knock out the bulk of my time with some who is current and flies a lot of real world IFR .Maybe 10 -20 hrs and then I would finish up with a flight school when they come back online. I am based at CYCQ , Chetwynd , so ideally as near as Ft St John or Dawson Creek , but could stretch that circle to Grande Prairie or Prince George , but preferably east of the rockies makes for simpler logistics and doable weather( usually different weather systems out on the plateau and usually misc crap through the mountain passes) I have only been aviating since 2011 ,and 50 yrs old, but have racked up 1260 hrstt , have my cpl , sel & ses, 422 in complex , 90 float, and 164 in taildraggers , and have owned 12 different ac. IFR is the next challenge in my journey and hopefully there may be someone with a little extra time on their hands with the current state of the world . If you are interested and are a low/ no risk to corona and this sounds doable and interesting to you contact me through this site or ph/ text & leave a msg @ 2507885336. Thanks .

Wasn’t sure where to post this and if its not allowed or some part of it is not allowed or someones gonna get bent outa shape about it , please let me know , thankyou .
---------- ADS -----------

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Dual time with ifr cpl in northern BC

Post by praveen4143 »

You could try talking to Guardian Aerospace out of Prince George. I am sure they have some capable IFR pilots that can teach. From what I have heard, Grande Prairie has a pretty decent flight school in Adventure Aviation as well. Couldn't go wrong with either option.

Edit: Looks like Guardian has Fort St. John registered as a sub-base. Maybe that is closer?
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”