Lakeside Flight School

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

manta
Rank 0
Rank 0

Lakeside Flight School

Post by manta »

Did anyone hear of Lakeside Flight School in Manitoba? If yes provide some reviews abt it pls. Thanks in advance
---------- ADS -----------

Tailwheelup
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Lakeside Flight School

Post by Tailwheelup »

Nothing but a trail of negative feedback.

lakesideaviaiton
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lakesideaviaiton »

The flying school is thriving right now with many students. The school uses Cessna 172 aircraft for single engine training, and the Beech 95 Travel Air for multi-engine training. The school is located in a company owned hangar with a long runway at the airport. Gimli is also a great place to live in the summer being a beachside resort town. Visit this page for photos of the school and a link to the main school webpage. https://lakesideaviationservices.ca/

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

As if by magic!

Also... from your website:
35 Hour Duel in Cessna 172
Sounds about right.
To do your medical click here.
Except the word "here" doesn't appear to be a hyperlink.
200 Hour Total $342284
Has to be a typo, no?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

You missed that they apparently use a "Piper Stinson" for float training. Or maybe its a 172?

Why do schools always have the page that shows important things about their fleet, like MTOW, Cruising speed (helpfully here in both Knots and Kmph) and what brand of engine it has, yet make you search elsewhere for the plane's hourly rate?

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
Vico56
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Vico56 »

Squaretail wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:37 am You missed that they apparently use a "Piper Stinson" for float training. Or maybe its a 172?

Why do schools always have the page that shows important things about their fleet, like MTOW, Cruising speed (helpfully here in both Knots and Kmph) and what brand of engine it has, yet make you search elsewhere for the plane's hourly rate?
I called them a month ago for the float rating. They told they’re float planes were being painted. They were supposed to call me back. Never heard back of them...

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Perhaps they’re still being painted. It can take a while.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Found
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Found »

Vico56 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:08 pm
Squaretail wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:37 am You missed that they apparently use a "Piper Stinson" for float training. Or maybe its a 172?

I called them a month ago for the float rating. They told they’re float planes were being painted. They were supposed to call me back. Never heard back of them...
Odd time of year to paint a training float plane.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Maybe they started in the winter and it’s taking a *really* long time.

Found
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Found »

photofly wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:32 pm Maybe they started in the winter and it’s taking a *really* long time.
:lol:
I would be asking for my plane back if it went for a paint job in the winter and in July it was still not done.
:lol:

Return to “Flight Training”