Preparation for Future Training

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

j8naid
Rank 1
Rank 1

Preparation for Future Training

Post by j8naid »

Hello Avcanada,

I hope y'all doing fine,

With the pandemic going on, I am hopeful I would be able to start my Flight training at Harvs Air, This October or Mid September. Due to lockdown, I do have a lot of time at home, So was thinking of preparing for my theory subjects. What books would yall recommend ? Can I start with the Harvs Air, Gorund school right now ? Does studying now helps later in the training ?

Thanks,
---------- ADS -----------

firstofficer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Preparation for Future Training

Post by firstofficer »

Studying beforehand for anything in life will always benefit you in the future + Harvs Air have an amazing online groundschool platform. I wouldn't wait.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Ditto Harv's. Slog through, and months later, when you finally finish, slog through again. You will be well positioned for anything your instructor throws at you. Read, read, and read some more. Start by sending away for the books they recommend, through them, Calgary Pilot Supply, Hammond Aviation and the like. You can ask at the local FTU for book recommendations too. Time will fly, get on it ASAP, and forget everything people tell you about the pandemic - nobody knows anything about when things will pick up, but it is best to be prepared for any eventuality.

Mehdi_isback
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mehdi_isback »

You can look at FAA resources : Airplane Flying Handbook and Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge. It's free but you can order on Amazon

j8naid
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by j8naid »

firstofficer wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:38 am Studying beforehand for anything in life will always benefit you in the future + Harvs Air have an amazing online groundschool platform. I wouldn't wait.
thank you, yes, started my ground school today, Hopefully would finish it by coming months!!

j8naid
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by j8naid »

ayseven wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:28 am Ditto Harv's. Slog through, and months later, when you finally finish, slog through again. You will be well positioned for anything your instructor throws at you. Read, read, and read some more. Start by sending away for the books they recommend, through them, Calgary Pilot Supply, Hammond Aviation and the like. You can ask at the local FTU for book recommendations too. Time will fly, get on it ASAP, and forget everything people tell you about the pandemic - nobody knows anything about when things will pick up, but it is best to be prepared for any eventuality.
Thank you for that, Going through the Online school as we speak, and would ask them for Book recommendations later.
Thanks again for upvoting, very needed during these times!!

j8naid
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by j8naid »

Mehdi_isback wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:53 am You can look at FAA resources : Airplane Flying Handbook and Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge. It's free but you can order on Amazon
Thank You, Would check them out.

Return to “Flight Training”