Admission for CPL Flight Test

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

golecchr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Admission for CPL Flight Test

Post by golecchr »

For those of you who do not know, admission for the CPL Flight test prior to successfully writing the CAPER written exam was allowed due to the CARS exemption up until December 31st 2020. Here is the TC link to that exemption:
https://www2.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/reg ... n/3317.htm

For the past 3 months, I was unable to attempt the CPL flight test due to weather cancellations. It is now 2021, and legally I cannot attempt the flight test anymore as the exemption is now expired.

Does anyone know or have any information whether this exemption will be extended or not?

What should I do in the meantime?

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Admission for CPL Flight Test

Post by photofly »

Regrettably you'll just have to wait a little longer to find out if the exemption will be extended. I imagine it will.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

Exemptions can't be extended, they have to be re-issued when they expire with a new number. See COVID-19 Exemption NCR-128-2020

golecchr
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by golecchr »

photofly wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:35 pm Regrettably you'll just have to wait a little longer to find out if the exemption will be extended. I imagine it will.
It has been extended. I have attached a PDF file of the new issue of the exemption.

Attachments
NCR-128-2020.pdf
(293.72 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

Return to “Flight Training”