Comments on a study guide: Canadian Commercial Pilot Answer.

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Pete
Rank 7
Rank 7

Comments on a study guide: Canadian Commercial Pilot Answer.

Post by Pete »

Hey,

Studying for the CPL Written. Getting some good scores when I test myself with the Canadian Commercial Pilot Answer Guide (Im scoring mid 80's). Any comments about this book (its a grey book...aviation world)? Are these questions similar to TC's questions? Any feedback on this guide is appreciated! Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

seiger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by seiger »

I used it and found it to be good. But keep testing yourself until you get 100%

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by av8tor_assrope »

i found that SOME of the questions in that workbook were pretty dam close to the one's you'll see on the exam. that book mainly prepares you for the TYPE of questions you're going to be asked.

whatever you do....stay away from the books by "he who can't be named" ......they're a perfect waste of $150....and you could put that money to better use like buying beer or smokes.

cheers

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
Clodhopper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Clodhopper »

All I used for the CPL Written was the gray book you're referring to. Found it way more helpful than other books available. Did each test once or twice...referenced to the then AIP and CARs, etc. Didn't study much though...

a.k.a. "Big Foot"
. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

That lawyer's books are shite.

Mistakes, stupid legalesely worded questions too convoluted for even Transport Canada, irrelevant crap, and more.

Don't give that letigious bastard your money!

I thought the Commercial Pilot Answer Guide was great. Still is!

-istp

Apollo
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Apollo »

I used the same book, it's great. The first time I went through it, I had about a 82% overall, and then the second time (like a month later), I had a 95ish or so. The night before we wrote our CPAE, I did the practice test in the back, passed it, and went to bed.

I wrote the exam the next day, and scored 84% overall.

If you're going to write your INRAT, get the Aerocourse book - thats the one I went through before writing the test a bunch of times, and it worked wonders - just go over ALOT of GPS stuff from the circulars and shit.

Pete
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Pete »

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

I have the one book everyone doesn't like...I find it so frustrating to be doing so well with the Canadian Commercial Answer Guide....want to do more questions so I turn to the C****** and it does nothing but FRUSTRATE ME!! Does anyone else find that the questions in this book do NOTHING but confuse/trick you?!! The CCAG some are tricky...but if you know the material the most obvious one will always stick out. Errrrr. If the TC test is anything like the C****** questions expect a computer to be thrown out of a window on 4900 younge a week from today hehe. Thanks again all!

One more Thing: Are flight calculators allowed into the exams? (CX-2 is what I have)? I love these things for stuff like this and pre-flight planning....but still use the old flight computer during flight. Id like to bring both if possible?

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

Yup the calculators are allowed - they'll ask you to take the batteries out of the CX2 to clear the memory function. I recommend bringing the whiz wheel in also, as the questions are based on whiz wheel calculations, and the CX2 can give you errors in rounding, etc. Best way is to do the problem on the CX2, then re-do it on the whiz wheel.
Good luck!

Return to “Flight Training”