Another Logbook Question

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

wirez
Rank 3
Rank 3

Another Logbook Question

Post by wirez »

If I wanted to transfer my records from one logbook to another, is there anything I have to do other than just copy what I have written down? My log book has some ink smudges that make it hard to read, but I can still tell what I wrote down, so I wanted to write it down on a new logbook to make it look more neater.
---------- ADS -----------

aviator20
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aviator20 »

You will need to get the new logbook recertified

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Just go ahead and copy it to your new book. No certification necessary. I would keep the old one for posterity. You might also want to start an electronic one while you are at it.

wirez
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by wirez »

How do you get it recertified?

Lurch
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Lurch »

wirez wrote:How do you get it recertified?
Return to the previous certifiers and have them re-certify. Bring your old log book and this will save them having to check it over again.

Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Right Seat Captain »

Lurch wrote:
wirez wrote:How do you get it recertified?
Return to the previous certifiers and have them re-certify. Bring your old log book and this will save them having to check it over again.
Or bring it to a TC Authorized person (one at almost every flight school, or within TC itself) to certify the new logbook as a certified true copy of the original. If you're like me with a large number of signatures in my book to certify it, it would be nearly impossible to find all these people to resign my logbook. Only one signature required if you wish to recertify it.

If you already have you ATPL however, why recertify it. TC will need certification to sign off a licence.

Aeros
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Aeros »

Right Seat Captain wrote:TC will need certification to sign off a licence.
They might like to ask for certification but they can't demand it. There is no legal requirement for certification.

YACdirect
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YACdirect »

You certify your own logbook, which is good enough for TC, at the bottom of each page. "Entries and times certified correct."

I had my examiner make a little blurb about my first solo, passing PPL and passing CPL rides, but thats it. Another instructor found it necessary to write in that I am competent in full spin recovery... not sure why that was necessary but its in there.

Lommer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Lommer »

I've been looking at copying out my logbook too as there is a lot of pages from my earlier flying that are messier than hell. One other thing I wonder about is that I've accrued a few signatures from instructors regarding checkrides in various aircraft, mountain checks, US airspace checks, etc. Does anybody actually care about these things? In the new copy should I just note them with the instructor's name and licence number (obviously I won't sign their name)?

mclb
Rank 0
Rank 0

logbook

Post by mclb »

hea when you are going to be redoing your logbook, go and Back it up at http://www.mycanadianlogbook.com. Don't waste your time and re-write it all out.. enter it on the computer and get it backed up.

Return to “Flight Training”