CAE aviation

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Rank 7
Rank 7

CAE aviation

Post by 767 »

Hello folks, I am expecting to recieve my CPL with 200 hrs TT by next 6/7 months. For the future, I am wondering what are the requirments at CAE aviation to get a "type aircraft rating" . I went to their website, but i cant find any information. I also sent them email, but they havent responded at all. If anyone here knows how the system works, please pm me. I might visit them in person sometime this week, as they are close to home. I am considering to get a 737 type rating to take with me overseas, and I would also like to know the minimum flight time required to get into the program. Thanks :D
---------- ADS -----------

master switch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by master switch »

good for you. now the rest of us have to buy one too if we want a job.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

KLM, if you want a 737-800 type rating one of our guys is a sim instructor for Ryan air.

All you need is 40,000 Euros and its yours.

Cat

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Pugster
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Pugster »

KLM you're setting yourself up for a sound bashing with this one...

If you're Dutch, I'd suggest pursuing the KLM cadet program instead of buying the type rating yourself. I know a guy who is in the program now, and with 250 hours he'll be bombing around in a heavy.

If you must buy a type rating make sure you do more homework than just asking questions on this forum...or like many you'll simply piss away a whole bunch of money. And finally - why not enjoy the steps required to get there instead of skipping right to the end of the line?

Zatopec
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Zatopec »

Because, unlike most of us or even those who do but don't use it, he has the money to take himself straight to the end of the line...

Zatopec
_______

He who has his ear to the ground has his ass exposed
scubasteve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by scubasteve »

Pugster - do you know anything about the language requirements for KLM? I have a dutch passport and am curious about the cadet program. I'm probably too old now but still curious. thanks

Pugster
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Pugster »

Hey Steve;

I don't know that much but I do believe that fluency was important. Not to burst the bubble any more but I also seem to remember an age cap...

It didn't take him long to get some preliminary info on the program - I think there may have even been links to relevant info on the KLM website if you're interested. As well, I think that repayment of training cost (at least some) was part of the deal. Again, better to get it from the horses mouth than trust me on ANY of this!

Peter (Pugster)

Front.
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Front. »

I've heard of this saying that niether airlines or anybody else for that fact looks highly upon you because you spent money to get a type-rating. Normally when an airline hires you, they consider your costs that include type-ratings. Secondly, you'll tend to piss many people off i think because perhaps not everybody have 40 grand to shit away in the toilet to get a type rating. I mean why get a 737 type rating if you even don't know the difference of a bundle of transitions from a single engine prop cessna into a multi engine turbine aircraft. Do you seriously think that with 250 hours and a 737 type-rating you're going to have the abilities and experience of a pilot who has 3500 and a type rating in the 737? You can only know so much and that normally comes from experience.

Do it like everybody else, get your training done, go into a flying activity that will earn you experience, and hours. Transit into another category of flying like regionals. Get familiar with the working frame of operating within an airline, and build skills that way to go along and one day fly the 737 if that now is your dream. If you're getting a 737 type rating just cause you want to have an "airliner" type rating, then forget it, stop wasting your time and your money. Go and spend 40 000 on flying hours that will at least get you some sort of experience in the air going through different scenarios everyday, although that would also be a shit load of waste, but still better to have 6000 PIC hours in a single/multi prop airplane than knowing how to fly in a 737 simulator at 250 hours. Or let's even be gentle, 350 hours considering you can log half the sim time. :wink:

Thats my take on it, please correct me anybody if i am wrong.

Return to “Flight Training”