OSAP, Line of Credit & Flight Training

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Golden Flyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

OSAP, Line of Credit & Flight Training

Post by Golden Flyer » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:47 am

If I take out a line of credit, would it affect my OSAP loan? Meaning, would they give me less for the next cycle. I hope to take a line of credit for university, but transfer that money into flight training because I already have OSAP paying for my semesters. However, I'm unsure if that would reduce the amount OSAP will give.

On another note... Can I consolidate the line of credit with the collection company that deals with OSAP? Thereby paying only the rates giving by OSAP?
---------- ADS -----------

"Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible"

Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

All Pilots & Prospective Pilots Should Have Read:
http://walter.freefuelforever.com
Walter Gilles
Emirates: B-777

harddeckflyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

line of credit

Post by harddeckflyer » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:30 pm

My line of credit had no effect on my OSAP. There is no way OSAP can figure out you have a seperate line of credit and I got a good chunk of OSAP as well. Thats what happened to me at least.

Golden Flyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Golden Flyer » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:18 pm

Thanks for the reply harddeckflyer.

"Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible"

Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

All Pilots & Prospective Pilots Should Have Read:
http://walter.freefuelforever.com
Walter Gilles
Emirates: B-777

Return to “Flight Training”