Freelance instructor and ground school

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

TI-ANB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Freelance instructor and ground school

Post by TI-ANB »

Hi there

Quick question here, can I hire a freelance class 1 instructor to give me the ground school required for the instructor raiting... or I have to do it through an school?

Thanks!

Leo.
---------- ADS -----------

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Why not just do this?

http://www.pilottraining.ca

mcrit
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mcrit »

Yes, you can hire a freelance Class 1 to do the GS. Just bear in mind that whoever signs your recommend for the flight test will want to see you teach, at the very least, the key ground briefings. Are you planning on doing the whole thing freelance?

TI-ANB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TI-ANB »

Hi there

Thanks for the answers. Yes, I think doing it with a freelance instructor is the only chance. To give more details about my case, I do not work in aviation and my current job allows me to afford the instructor rating.

I absolutely love teaching and since I enjoy aviation a lot, I think instruction is the path I would like to go.

However, the schools around here only have ground schools during the day... which doesn't really works for me.

I fully understand the need of the instructor to see me preparing the lessons and giving them, that is why I'll be looking for somebody who has 'spare time' and wants to make some money :)

The thing is... I live in a very small city, might be hard to find a Class 1, but I'll start looking :)

Thanks for the advice!

Leo.

TI-ANB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TI-ANB »

Hedley wrote:Why not just do this?

http://www.pilottraining.ca
Interesting site!

It doesn't look like they offer the instructor rating, it would've been interesting....

Leo.

Wasn't Me
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Wasn't Me »

Have you thought that maybe the Class one who does your flight can also do your ground training. That's how most Class one's work.

I wish I could spell
TI-ANB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TI-ANB »

Wasn't Me wrote:Have you thought that maybe the Class one who does your flight can also do your ground training. That's how most Class one's work.
Yeap, that was my first choice, but that class one didn't want to give me ground schools at night or during the weekends. I don't blame him, he spends the whole day in the airport teaching and flying... he wants to have a life too :)

That's what makes the situation hard, he said yes for the hours... but the ground school, I was told last time I asked that my only choice was to register in one of the ground schools... that happen during the daytime.

Leo.

Return to “Flight Training”