Moncton Flight College Modular vs Diploma

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

munir_fakhri
Rank 0
Rank 0

Moncton Flight College Modular vs Diploma

Post by munir_fakhri »

I have been hearing good about this college, and after having checked out thier website, think they have one of the most diverse variety of fleet, compared to other flying schools, and their rates are pretty much the same. My question is, does the modular training of this college(Training at your own pace) have the same reputation as the diploma? Because of the good things I hear about this college yet no one has specified whether its all good anyway you go or is it the diploma program that gets the buzz. And if any one has any contradictions or better referals to a guy interested in Commercial Multi IFR :idea: .
---------- ADS -----------

AUGER9
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Moncton Flight College Modular vs Diploma

Post by AUGER9 »

Do whatever is cheapest. If you want to do a diploma program, go to Confed, Sault, or Seneca where all the flying is subsidized (free). Otherwise, there's not much point to an aviation diploma.

munir_fakhri
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by munir_fakhri »

:arrow: To be more clear, I have seen on thier website, MFC delivers two type of training, one could take the commercial & multi IFR at his or her own pace, and the other way is through an organized program leading to a Diploma, correct me if i'm wrong. Does the reputation of this college echo from both these programs or is it the Diploma program that is where thier reputation come from? Im interested in the commercial multi IFR, and would like to know the best, so far this quest has lead me to this college as possibly one of em.

RoyalCanadianRegiment
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RoyalCanadianRegiment »

munir_fakhri,

If you scroll further down in the "Flight Training" section of the forums you should see two threads started by oneill10999. He asked the same questions as you and the answers should help you out. One of his threads is titled "200 vs 400" and the other is "MFC vs GFC". Give them a read and if you still have questions then fire away.

Cheers

RCR
http://www.learning-to-fly.com

munir_fakhri
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by munir_fakhri »

With appreciate R.C.R, thats pretty much sums it up, I guess the topic name is the reason I skipped reading it. Have a good one.

ToFlyIsDivine
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ToFlyIsDivine »

The Diploma always gets priority....

SmokinJoe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SmokinJoe »

Having 2300hrs now I can say that if I had to do it all over again, i'd tell MFC to shove their diploma up their a** and go to a school that was cheaper and didn't waste my time and money with trivial courses and usless king air sim training. Getting that diploma from MFC had no effect on me getting my job, that fact that I had a commercial licence with multi rating and IFR helped get me the job.

-Rockin In The Free World
chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

ToFlyIsDivine wrote:The Diploma always gets priority....
In what way?

Barney
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Barney »

His guidance counsellor told him so.

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

Barney wrote:His guidance counsellor told him so.
Yeah, I'm fishing a bit. :) (I take it you're getting a little bored on your time off? Heheh.)

munir_fakhri
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by munir_fakhri »

DIAMOND DA20-C1 Eclipse They had alot of these planes on thier fleet, anyone knows how they are for flying, anyone with expierience on them? The norm is usually a cessna, I wonder how they compare or contrast in flying especially in training.

Return to “Flight Training”