Toronto Airways vs Brampton Flying Club

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

nightbird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Toronto Airways vs Brampton Flying Club

Post by nightbird »

Hi there guys I've being trying to decide between this two schools for multi ifr training. I have read good and bad comments on both so I would like you tell me wich one should I go for and why. Thanks in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Toronto Airways vs Brampton Flying Club

Post by 767 »

bfc

Never buy 1$ tickets
C-GPFG
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by C-GPFG »

tal

Snowgoose
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Snowgoose »

If you have all the money now, i.e. you're not going to work on it as paychecks come in, go to Cornwall. Rent a cheap room which they can arrange and get it done in a little over a week. The CFI is a DFTE.

It's better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground.
precision_approach
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by precision_approach »

You could consider Aviation International in Guelph. I'm a part owner of the school, and the following is a self-serving promo, so read on at your own risk:

Two certified flight training devices ("sims"), and a Seneca II. Instructors with many hours of multi in real working conditions. ALL the approaches and procedures you need to learn just 5 mins away in Kitchener. Also just 5 mins to the uncontrolled training area where you can learn the "multi" part before mixing in the "ifr" part. This can save money.

Some people prefer to learn the ifr procedures in a single-engine plane before transitioning to the multi. We can accommodate that scenario also.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Brampton requires you to have a membership (ballpark of 200 a year). Bramtpon is rediculously busy, you wont get a booking. and a seneca is unruly enough as your first twin without having to put it down on a 2200 by 40 foot runway covered in potholes and bumps.

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

You can buy a 2 month membership, no need to pay for a year. And they also have a seminole. Can't help you with the 40ft pothole runway, that part's true :lol:

mcrit
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mcrit »

Landing a Seneca on a 40' wide runway (in an xwind) is going to give you better piloting skills right off the bat. Also, you very rarely get delayed on the ground at Brampton, and getting to Waterloo Wellington (for approaches) takes a lot less time from Brampton than coming from the east side of the GTA.

Rank 2

Post by g_goo_goo »

mcrit wrote:Landing a Seneca on a 40' wide runway (in an xwind) is going to give you better piloting skills right off the bat. Also, you very rarely get delayed on the ground at Brampton, and getting to Waterloo Wellington (for approaches) takes a lot less time from Brampton than coming from the east side of the GTA.
By very rarely, do you mean waiting for a spot to take off while 4 other aircraft are doing touch and go's as they are trying to get as many circuits in, and just when you're about to taxi out someone calls short final to practice engine failure...

On the other side, Brampton is a great place to fly... very friendly people, instructors. It's a great place to learn if you are not looking to get things done super fast. I didn't find any problems with my pace of study and fitting it in to my instructor's schedule.

mcrit
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by mcrit »

g_goo_goo wrote:By very rarely, do you mean waiting for a spot to take off while 4 other aircraft are doing touch and go's as they are trying to get as many circuits in, and just when you're about to taxi out someone calls short final to practice engine failure...
...by very rarely I mean a lot less than at the Island or Buttonville (both of which I have flown from quite a bit).

Return to “Flight Training”