JAR conversion

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

joebloggs
Rank 2
Rank 2

JAR conversion

Post by joebloggs »

Howdy, curious as to haow one goes about converting canadian ATPL to JAR. I have heard that Moncton flight college has qualified instructors on hand. How much does it cost? Do you have to do a ride on aa aircraft over 12500? Or can you use a current PPC on an aircraft over 12500, and just write the exams? I have heard so many different theories on this. Just curious.....
---------- ADS -----------

sherlock
Rank 1
Rank 1

jar conversion

Post by sherlock »

There are a few flight schools in britain that do jar conversions
If you already have a faa/can. atpl there are only I believe 2 exams you have to do the jaa air law and the jaa human factors exams. you also have to do (i think) a multi-ifr flight test (just a baron/seminole type thing) I think. if you are converting to get a job your prospective employer should pick-up part of the tab. Don't forget you'll still have to get all the training on type from your employer LOFT, SIM, etc. Most euro carriers seem to be going the way of training bonds. If you can qaulify for work(citizenship) in the former eastern block you may have it easier as they seem to be looking for fleunt english speakers and don't seem to require upfront training bonds...

stevewilson
Rank 2
Rank 2

!!

Post by stevewilson »

The above information is very inaccurate. Look before you leap. 14 exams, even if you have the ATPL, PLUS a multi-crew course if you don't have two crew experience (>500 hours), PLUS the multi-IFR training. Very expensive, but MFC can point you in the general direction. Be suspicious of anyone that tells you that you can complete everything in Canada--double check with the CAA first.

Return to “Flight Training”