TC's definition of X-Country?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

MCB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: X-C time building- but what is XC Really?

Post by MCB »

leafy_13 wrote:XC time requires you to land at an aerodrome SEPARATE from your point of departure. The whole 25 mile rule does not apply to XC time....but distance req'd to file a flight plan
On my PPL flight test and during training, I diverted from overhead one town to overhead another town. Still logged it as x-country time as I was definitely using navigation procedure
---------- ADS -----------

wxguy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: TC's definition of X-Country?

Post by wxguy »

leafy_13 wrote:XC time requires you to land at an aerodrome SEPARATE from your point of departure. The whole 25 mile rule does not apply to XC time....but distance req'd to file a flight plan
I think this was mentioned earlier, but wouldn't this mean that those around the world flights are not considered xc?

26,336nm isn't xc?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutan_Voyager

sakism
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sakism »

So I take off from Churchill, fly to Rankin Inlet and miss, and return to Churchill.

Doesn't count as x-country. Give your head a shake.

X-country is whatever you think it is. Don't be an idiot about it and you'll be fine.

100LL81
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 100LL81 »

Any time you navigate to a specific point is XC in my eyes, even if it is not another airport. It could just be a cool water fall or lake etc.

Return to “Flight Training”