Instructor Rating

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

tusky
Rank 1
Rank 1

Instructor Rating

Post by tusky »

Just wondering where the best place to do an instructor rating is. Looking for a place where there is good instruction, instructor has good availability, job potential, etc. I am willing to move anywhere in Canada. Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

water wings
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by water wings »

look for a school that teaches on more than one type, and i don't mean a 150 AND a 172...
Look for a school that has multi training available so you can move onto that, works out of both uncontrolled and busy hubs. If you wish, you can plug away at the schools that have a charter operation attached (located all across the country - check out the A-List) and that do closer to real life flying...basically get your ass outta the circuit. fly tailwheels, go to grass strips etc..
Your FTU will be a matter of preference and the quality does vary, but your training is what you make of it. I do have a couple of faves, but i'm biased...Good Luck.

flying high
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flying high »

some schools won't hire anyone that doesn't do their rating with them. make sure that you find a school that is willing to hire you before you start or else you might spend alot of time looking for a job.

Return to “Flight Training”