CPL instrument hours

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

desert goat
Rank 1
Rank 1

CPL instrument hours

Post by desert goat »

Hi all-
Just a quick one-I'm a foreigner looking to finish my CPL in Canada, and I'm a little unsure how to interpret the IF/dual requirements for your CPL syllabus. Now I understand that Dual IF training on a simulator can not be logged as flight time and hence can't count towards your total, but can it count towards the 35 hours dual "Commercial flight training" time? I.e can I do 10 hours dual IF in the sim, and then 25 hours dual flying in the aeroplane, for a total of 35 hours? Or does the 35 hours have to be "flight time", in which case it all has to be in the aeroplane, with sim time being an optional extra?
(A CPL here only requires 10 hours IF, but it all has to be airborne, so I'm a bit unsure how to read the Canadian rule). Also-If Sim time is acceptable, would there be any problem in counting dual sim time already logged outside Canada?
Cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: CPL instrument hours

Post by CpnCrunch »

can I do 10 hours dual IF in the sim, and then 25 hours dual flying in the aeroplane, for a total of 35 hours?
Yes, you can. (Confirmed with TC when I had the same question).

(I know this is an old thread, but I was surprised nobody else had answered this question before on avcanada).

badmash
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by badmash »

i had the same question, confirming again - Sim time counts toward dual time?
Also, does flight test time count toward dual time?

Thanks

DCL415
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DCL415 »

Sim counts towards dual and flight test only counts as dual flight time but not as training, so if you got 0.3 instrument and 0.2 nav you can't log it

Return to “Flight Training”