Multi Engine IFR Training Material

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ah79ca
Rank 1
Rank 1

Multi Engine IFR Training Material

Post by ah79ca »

Hello,
I've got my Pilot License a few years ago. I now want to continue my studies and get my Multi IFR Rating.
I still have an old set of "Michael ." Books, IFR Study Guide and the Practise Book from 2005. How much has really changed in the 5 years? Does anyone know? Should i spend $300 on a new set of books? Does anyone have a used set i could buy?

Also, has anyone used the King School Training Software to study of a Canadian License??

Thanks,
---------- ADS -----------

mathewc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Multi Engine IFR Training Material

Post by mathewc »

Twins still fly the same now as they did in 2005 so you should be fine.

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

If I were you I would go and buy your self the aerocourse books. Yes things have changed recently, and yes both books offer similar information however I found the info in the aerocourse to be more accurate. Just my 2 cents.

If you could go to a ground school or at worst take a seminar that would be best!

ah79ca
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ah79ca »

Thanks!!!

Question, i am guessing you a refering to the book on this link http://www.cyberpilotshop.com/item472.htm correct?
I can't make out if this book is a study book, or only practice exam. Since you've used it, i am sure you know. Let me know. Thanks!!

Return to “Flight Training”