So you want to be a flying instructor

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: So you want to be a flying instructor

Post by Big Pistons Forever » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Cat Driver wrote:The test requires you touch down on a given point on the runway and you must contact the runway within 400 feet of that point?
If you have a question about what the requirements are for the 180 deg precision landing on the CPL flight test I recommend you go to the TC web page and download the CPL flight test guide.

If you have any advice for instructors on how best to actually teach this manoever then I would suggest you post that as it is exactly what I, as the OP, was hoping would be added to this thread.
---------- ADS -----------

LakesideFlightSchool
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LakesideFlightSchool » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:27 pm

We are looking for a CFI and we are based in Gimli. Anyone Class 3 and above interested. Please contact Lakeside Flight School by emailing your resume to david@interlakeaviation.com and info@lakesideflightschool.ca

PilotDAR
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by PilotDAR » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Everyone has a different way about doing things. This is the way I feel I can give back.
The spirit is noble.

That said, though I have over reached before with piloting, after a few minorly embarrassing moments, where it was suddenly apparent that I knew less than I thought, I found it very worthwhile to wait to be asked to provide training, before I presented it to the world. Thus, those people who sought training from me, had decided for themselves that I had something they valued, rather than me assuming that I did.

Having trained and test flown for many years, I'm now content to learn rather than teach. Instructing is very worthwhile, and a little more risky than might first appear....

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:59 pm

Gentlemen,

If you have a constructive comment on becoming a flight instructor please contribute to this thread. If you don’t please post elsewhere

vermont
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vermont » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:38 am

What are the chances of being hired in Ontario? It seems like the schools only hire people who did their rating at the same school?

flyingcanuck
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by flyingcanuck » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 am

vermont wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:38 am
What are the chances of being hired in Ontario? It seems like the schools only hire people who did their rating at the same school?
An instructor rating is gold there, maybe a few of the popular ones in the GTA hire their own, but you'd be able to get a job easily

vermont
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by vermont » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:53 am

flyingcanuck wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 am
vermont wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:38 am
An instructor rating is gold there, maybe a few of the popular ones in the GTA hire their own, but you'd be able to get a job easily
Thank you! Hopefully won't be too long till it's achieved!

Return to “Flight Training”