Multi IFR on Navajo

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

Northern Skies wrote:Does not compute......

1. Since you need an atpl to be captain of a crew of 2, he would have been single pilot. (401.31(1), 401.34(1))

2. Under 703, he needs 1000TT/100multi/50 instrument/50 on type/PPC for single pilot IFR (723.86(1))..........

.......ok I give up. I looked into it now and #2 doesn't count for no pax. As well, you said 702, and he could have been doing VFR work. Never mind, I have no valid point......... but I'll post this anyway!!! Aren't the CAR's great?

Cheers!
It's ok bud. I still think something is rotten in Denmark. Sounds like just another cash grab to me.
---------- ADS -----------

Cap'n P8
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cap'n P8 »

Actually, number 1 doesn't apply either. You only need an ATPL to be captain on an aircraft which is type certified for two crew. An operator can specify in their ops manual that an aircraft is to be flown with two crew, even if the type certificate only specifies one crew member is required. In that case the captain still only requires a commercial licence.

"Hell, I'll fly up your ass if the money's right!"
Orlando Jones - Say It Isn't So
Navajo Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Navajo Flyer »

The 1,000 hrs. and 100 multi with 50 hrs. IMC and 50 on type is for passengers, single pilot IFR - you can do single pilot IFR with considerably less time with cargo, it's up to the company. There is no experience requirement to fly a private machine, just a multi IFR and commercial if being paid. The trick with this guy is that he is VFR and aerial work. He hasn't had to do a PPC either just a PCC I believe.

EPR1.6
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by EPR1.6 »

Navajoflyer is correct.
In CAR 702 and 722 just a PPC or PCC (depending on COM) is required for day VFR aerial ops. Sweet deal for a low timer if you can find it.

skyhigh
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by skyhigh »

It is usually the insurance companies and not the CARS that would present the biggest hurdle for a low timer to get a job flying in a commercial operation.

Return to “Flight Training”