INRAT EXAM & Canada Pilot Dauntless Aviation Software

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

J-Hunter
Rank 1
Rank 1

INRAT EXAM & Canada Pilot Dauntless Aviation Software

Post by J-Hunter »

Hello,

I am writing my INRAT exam tomorrow. I studied with the Canada Pilot . com software by dauntless aviation and rad the KEWL- HANE twice. Opened the AIM for clarifications and other stuff.

I was wondering if anyone else studied with dauntless software and if their exam went well?

Also apparently regulations for pilots that went scuba diving might've changed according to recent info published on dauntless software for INRAT" I want to double check this as I,ve found no references in regards to this:

When a pilot goes scuba-diving :

no decompression stops: wait 12 hrs for 0 to 8000' ASL and 24 hrs for above 8000'ASL flights
-decompression stops: for all flights following diving with decompression stops, pilots should wait 48 hours (new rule)

OLD REGULATIN SAID: 24h for 0-8000'ASL and 48h for above 8000'ASL. Can anyone clarify this for me, or is dauntless software just bsing?

Thanks

J
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by J-Hunter on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: INRAT EXAM & Canada Pilot / Scuba-diving Limitations?

Post by Colonel Sanders »

regulations for pilots that went scuba diving might've changed according to recent info published on dauntless software for INRAT
What on earth does IFR flight have to do with scuba
diving, which isn't applicable to VFR flight at the same
altitude?!

Anyways ... AFAIK there are no CARs applicable to
scuba diving. Only the AIM, which is NOT regulatory
speaks to it. AIM AIR 3.4:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/p ... 63.htm#3-4
3.4 Scuba Diving
Although normally decompression sickness does not occur below 20 000 ft ASL (6 100 m), people who fly after scuba diving may develop the symptoms at much lower altitudes. Atmospheric pressure beneath the water increases by one atmosphere for every 33 ft (10 m) of descent. Divers who breathe pressurized air for more than a few minutes supersaturate their tissues with nitrogen. For this reason, as the aircraft ascends, nitrogen bubble formation may take place, causing the bends.

After dives of less than 33 ft (1 atmosphere pressure), where decompression stops were not required, flights up to altitudes of 8 000 ft ASL (2 440 m) should be avoided for 12 hr. Where decompression stops have been required while returning to the surface, the interval should be 24 hr. For flights above 8 000 ft ASL (2 440 m), the interval is 24 hr regardless of the type of dive, as even pressurized aircraft may lose cabin pressurization.

J-Hunter
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: INRAT EXAM & Canada Pilot / Scuba-diving Limitations?

Post by J-Hunter »

Colonel Sanders wrote:
regulations for pilots that went scuba diving might've changed according to recent info published on dauntless software for INRAT
What on earth does IFR flight have to do with scuba
diving, which isn't applicable to VFR flight at the same
altitude?!

Anyways ... AFAIK there are no CARs applicable to
scuba diving. Only the AIM, which is NOT regulatory
speaks to it. AIM AIR 3.4:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/p ... 63.htm#3-4
3.4 Scuba Diving
Although normally decompression sickness does not occur below 20 000 ft ASL (6 100 m), people who fly after scuba diving may develop the symptoms at much lower altitudes. Atmospheric pressure beneath the water increases by one atmosphere for every 33 ft (10 m) of descent. Divers who breathe pressurized air for more than a few minutes supersaturate their tissues with nitrogen. For this reason, as the aircraft ascends, nitrogen bubble formation may take place, causing the bends.

After dives of less than 33 ft (1 atmosphere pressure), where decompression stops were not required, flights up to altitudes of 8 000 ft ASL (2 440 m) should be avoided for 12 hr. Where decompression stops have been required while returning to the surface, the interval should be 24 hr. For flights above 8 000 ft ASL (2 440 m), the interval is 24 hr regardless of the type of dive, as even pressurized aircraft may lose cabin pressurization.
3.4 Scuba Diving

After dives of less than 33 ft (1 atmosphere pressure), where decompression stops were not required, flights up to altitudes of 8 000 ft ASL (2 440 m) should be avoided for 12 hr.

What I meant is that now this has changed to 48 according to Dauntless Software and recent documents. I was wondering if it was TRUE?

Where decompression stops have been required while returning to the surface, the interval should be 24 hr. For flights above 8 000 ft ASL (2 440 m), the interval is 24 hr regardless of the type of dive, as even pressurized aircraft may lose cabin pressurization.

Return to “Flight Training”