Langley schools. Langley Flying School or SkyQuest Aviation?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Langley Flying School or Skyquest?

Langley Flying School
88%
SkyQuest
12%

Total votes: 25

otis-dad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Langley schools. Langley Flying School or SkyQuest Aviat

Post by otis-dad »

I worked at Langley Flying School for years and LOVED the place it was like a second home. The standards set there were and still are EXCELLENT. All the instructors I worked with 15 to 11 years ago (if my fingers counted correctly) are still very success full in aviation, at Air Canada, WestJet, Jazz, Porter, Eva, chief pilot in the Maldives and yes CFI at SkyQuest.

MANY of our students are now also at these major airlines all over the world so something must have been done well. For some outsiders a relaxed school atmosphere might be confused for a lack of discipline or knowledge of aviation but I can tell you that the standards that were and are still set there are only top notch. And if you question the professionalism by being worried about the colour full fleet of aircraft then get ready for a rough ride in aviation since the fleet of airplanes you will be flying in your career are going to be far from pretty and unified.

The chief of SkyQuest is a friend of mine, I worked with him for many years and I have no doubt that the standards he sets for his school are just as high, so nothing bad to say about them. But my heart is at and I "grew up" at the Langley Flying School..
---------- ADS -----------

Raman_shri
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Raman_shri »

@checkremarks :roll: No idea what made you think like that but i am sure about my Identity and Recommendation about Langley Flying School because I was part of school since my Canadian PPL till Multi-IFR Rating training ... go through the web site www.langleyflyingschool.com

Sideshow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sideshow »

The sun never sets on LFS alumni

swasha11
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by swasha11 »

wingmaster wrote: Sun May 05, 2013 12:33 am dude u can call me if you wanna know why I like LFS . my number is 7783842467. there are many reason i can tell you LFS is better than Sky Quest . cause i had lots of friends over there and i still got 1 friend over there. In short I can just say that sky quest will just get you a lincense and LFS will make you a real Pilot.4 thumbs up (including my foot )for LFS. i know your confusion cause i was in the same situation initially.
Hello Dear, I am looking forward to joining LFS, can you please provide me with your contact number with the country code so that I can get in touch with you regarding more updates.
Thanks

LFSRecentGrad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LFSRecentGrad »

swasha11 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:13 pm Hello Dear, I am looking forward to joining LFS, can you please provide me with your contact number with the country code so that I can get in touch with you regarding more updates.
Thanks
Please note that Langley Flying school is now fully Chinese-owned and the former CFI (Dave) has resigned. Anything you heard about the school from back in the day is no longer true ....Ask around and you will find out the details.

CaptainGoose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CaptainGoose »

LFSRecentGrad wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:01 pm
swasha11 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:13 pm Hello Dear, I am looking forward to joining LFS, can you please provide me with your contact number with the country code so that I can get in touch with you regarding more updates.
Thanks
Please note that Langley Flying school is now fully Chinese-owned and the former CFI (Dave) has resigned. Anything you heard about the school from back in the day is no longer true ....Ask around and you will find out the details.
Wow, I guess its true :( : https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/109 ... s?hl=en-CA

usagi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Langley schools. Langley Flying School or SkyQuest Aviation?

Post by usagi »

Hi,

could anybody give an up-to-date advice about this school ?

thanks

anaffirmativeroger
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by anaffirmativeroger »

I was told by an LFS instructor that apparently they have no CFI and after 30 days their OC can be suspended = no flight ops. :( The general morale around there these days is bleak. LFSRecentGrad hit it on the head.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

The Cherokees at LFS look like they haven’t been washed in years. My experience on them from a maintenance point of view has been no problem.

CaptainGoose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CaptainGoose »

pelmet wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:18 pm The Cherokees at LFS look like they haven’t been washed in years. My experience on them from a maintenance point of view has been no problem.
Just heard that both the ACFI and PRM at Langley Flying School quit their jobs :?

Can anyone confirm?

lhalliday
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lhalliday »

The LFS Cherokees look pretty ratty, but they are maintained to standard. My favourite during flight training was FKKF.

...laura

CaptainGoose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CaptainGoose »

How’s Langley Flying School ‘s refund policy? In case anything happens to school, can unused tuition be refunded?

lhalliday
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lhalliday »

CaptainGoose wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:59 pm How’s Langley Flying School ‘s refund policy? In case anything happens to school, can unused tuition be refunded?
Not applicable: all flying is pay-as-you-go.

...laura

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

Never E V E R pay any flight school in advance for any training.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

C.W.E. wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:46 pm Never E V E R pay any flight school in advance for any training.
/\ Very very good advice

Old Dog Flying
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Old Dog Flying »

Im a long time Langley airport bum so I asked a few people about the situation with the two schools and my contacts were of the opinion that FS has gone downhill since Dave left..who in their right mind books all aircraft for maintenance at the same time? On the other hand Ron run an efficient school at Skyquest.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Loads of bookings at LFS last time I was there. Seem to be busy.

Abhishek Reddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Abhishek Reddy »

LFSRecentGrad wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:01 pm
Thanks
Am planning to join Langley flying school
Please give me your valuable reviews about the flying school in recent times
Please do reply

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

I have no knowledge of the LFS other than hearing from friends that they were happy with the training they received. I do have first-hand experience with Skyquest, which I considered excellent. The instructors were friendly and got to know the students there as well. I still recommend at least talking to one of them, preferably in person, and deciding based on how well you fit the school, and how well the school fits you.

Return to “Flight Training”