Air Canada Pool

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Air Canada Pool

Post by altiplano »

Interim position assignment list shows new hire openings all in YYZ...
mainline - 787 RP, 767 FO & RP, 320 FO, EMJ CA & FO.
rogue - 767 & 319 FO

Many of those spots will shift around before the bid finalises, but lots of good spots open for those coming on... good luck...
---------- ADS -----------

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

altiplano wrote:Interim position assignment list shows new hire openings all in YYZ...
mainline - 787 RP, 767 FO & RP, 320 FO, EMJ CA & FO.
rogue - 767 & 319 FO

Many of those spots will shift around before the bid finalises, but lots of good spots open for those coming on... good luck...
Pencil me in for a B787RP- In my dreams

PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by PointyEngine »

Would we expect to see an opening in hiring to folks outside of Jazz for this kind of intake?

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

PointyEngine wrote:Would we expect to see an opening in hiring to folks outside of Jazz for this kind of intake?
One can only hope. Or they should just have one prerequisite on their pilot hiring page: current AC Express pilot.

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

PointyEngine wrote:Would we expect to see an opening in hiring to folks outside of Jazz for this kind of intake?
The current bid projects flying until the end of next summer, so the pilots filling these positions will be on the property at the end of next spring. As has been mentioned there are approximately 35 'Off the Street' pilots in the pool, at the 80/20 ratio this bid will nearly empty the current hiring pool. The manager of pilot recruitment has indicated the potential to open the application window next spring/summer. Disclaimer: I'm have no inside knowledge, this is simply what can be put together from what we're told as worker bees.

The last two equipment bids have been fairly big as the airline is taking delivery of 10 787-9 's and 2 777-300er's by next summer. There haven't actually been a huge number of retirements, these have been growth bids. The large number of 787RP positions indicate that we should expect some route announcements soon (beyond DXB and DEL). The company is also making drastic adjustments to where the various types of aircraft are based, should be interesting to see what is announced on the West Coast, is Rob Lowe getting what he wants?

Slappy the Squirrel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Slappy the Squirrel »

An email to the pool went out Friday.

She said 3 more courses this year, one each in Sept, Oct, and Nov of close to 20 candidates each course. Sept PIT course will start on the 21st and she said she would start making calls for medicals soon. She also mentionned the July course ended up entirely B787 RP positions in YYZ.

Good luck, poolies.

Redwine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Redwine »

Wtf is WOWCON?

...Seems they are going to remove the axe and the control column from the cockpits for security reasons.
ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

Short for WAge and Working CONitions

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Seems like the retirement wave is starting soon...according to PCC, starting February 2016 there will be a course a month indefinitely.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
Mr. North
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Mr. North »

Anyone care to guess when they will open the application window again? It's been some time since I was able to update my resume.

smnoi
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by smnoi »

Mr. North wrote:Anyone care to guess when they will open the application window again? It's been some time since I was able to update my resume.
The last update we got in June was estimating a post for job vacancies in Spring/Summer of 2016 or sooner. My guess is that they will wait until the pool is almost empty as some of these people have interviewed more than 2 years ago.

Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anticyclone »

Hi guys i`m new in town.

First of all i would like to thank you for your time and efforts very useful.
Second i have read about 8 pages on the thread i understand that we need to make it through the interview in order to go to the pool but how to make it to the interview in the first place ??

Cheers Guys.

Ironman2909
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ironman2909 »

Anticyclone wrote:Hi guys i`m new in town.

First of all i would like to thank you for your time and efforts very useful.
Second i have read about 8 pages on the thread i understand that we need to make it through the interview in order to go to the pool but how to make it to the interview in the first place ??

Cheers Guys.

Hi Anticyclone,

First of all, you need to apply on the Air Canada Career website. Wait for the ''Pilot'' position to be open and fill up the application. Unfortunately, for now, there is no ''Pilot'' application open on the website. I'm sure this will change soon as the pool is getting depleted.

The other way of getting in at AC, if you are new to the aviation world (meaning that you have not that many hours yet), is to get hired by any subsidiaries of AC (Jazz, GGN, etc). They will have a system in which you'll be able to transfer from the regional to the main airline after some time.

You may want to go read about the new agreement between Jazz and AC on the other treads (under Jazz).

Cheers

Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anticyclone »

Hi Ironman,

Thanx for the quick reply, i think i ll wait for AC since i`m not in a hurry.

I appreciate it mate.

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

Send your application to PilotRecruitmentPilote@aircanada.ca

Apparently Air Canada wants to hire pilots OTS without opening the job portal

Ironman2909
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ironman2909 »

BingBong wrote:Send your application to PilotRecruitmentPilote@aircanada.ca

Apparently Air Canada wants to hire pilots OTS without opening the job portal

:?: I would assume they're doing this to create a bank of resume from who they will pick once the pool is exhausted. I'm I right?

AllClutch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AllClutch »

They were doing it to solicite emails from Skyregional and Georgian pilots who will be hired to fill the 20% OTS quota untill their PML is officially kicked off at the end of the Jazz PML in approx 2018.
It went out in an email to those pilot groups 2 months ago.

Slappy the Squirrel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Slappy the Squirrel »

So what does that mean for hiring? 80% is coming from Jazz and 20% from other Express carriers?

What about people already in the pool? And does this now mean that anybody from outside the express system has no chance of being hired in the future?

AllClutch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by AllClutch »

I have no knowledge other than what I saw in the memos, but I would venture a guess and say that the people currently in the pool are safe.

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

AllClutch wrote:They were doing it to solicite emails from Skyregional and Georgian pilots who will be hired to fill the 20% OTS quota untill their PML is officially kicked off at the end of the Jazz PML in approx 2018.
It went out in an email to those pilot groups 2 months ago.
This is not right. Just because the scab section doesnt have their affairs in order shouldn't mean they should be given the opportunity to circumvent the existing PML

Return to “Air Canada”