Any idea how to book a premium rouge seat?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Any idea how to book a premium rouge seat?

Post by CpnCrunch »

I went through the booking process, right up to (but not including) actually paying, and I'm stumped as to how to actually book a premium rouge seat BEFORE paying for the flight. 29in of legroom is simply insufficient. I want to know whether there will be any premium seats on the flight, and how much it will cost.

Perhaps time to go back to flying with Westjet, even if they are a bit more expensive.
---------- ADS -----------

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Any idea how to book a premium rouge seat?

Post by CpnCrunch »

As I didn't want to be on hold for an hour waiting to talk to someone I just went ahead and booked it. After booking you can choose a preferred seat ("Rouge Plus") for $42 each way (at least on YVR-LAX), which gives 35in of legroom. There's about 6 rows of these seats, so there shouldn't be a problem with them getting booked up.

I think "Rouge Premium" costs a lot more, and is like business class.

TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

CpnCrunch wrote:As I didn't want to be on hold for an hour waiting to talk to someone I just went ahead and booked it. After booking you can choose a preferred seat ("Rouge Plus") for $42 each way (at least on YVR-LAX), which gives 35in of legroom. There's about 6 rows of these seats, so there shouldn't be a problem with them getting booked up.

I think "Rouge Premium" costs a lot more, and is like business class.
Ahhh the classic "Impulse Buy" tactic....gets you all the time! So if they only sell 1 row of premium, I guess a select number of passengers will be pleasantly surprised!

John Desramaux
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by John Desramaux »

I believe the way to select a premium rouge seat prior to booking is select the business class fare as apposed to Tango or Flex.

Return to “Air Canada”