Air Canada Flow

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, Sulako, North Shore

TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Air Canada Flow

#26 Post by TrailerParkBoy » Sun May 03, 2015 4:07 pm

biatch wrote: Starting at 36K instead of 41K is not a B scale. It is a wage cut. Actually even that is a long stretch considering no one got a wage cut at the time of ratification. A new hire didn't have their wage cut either since they entered under those terms.
Celsius and Fahrenheit are two scales which eventually meet up at -40. So what you're saying is that these measurements are simply one scale or really that one is just a temperature cut!

ALPA lowered the bar and trying to say the new salary at Jazz isn't a B scale is just ignorant!
---------- ADS -----------

biatch
Rank 2
Rank 2

#27 Post by biatch » Sun May 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Lol!!!! Thanks for the laugh. ALPA did a superb job with what it had to work with. Your analogy is immature.

yhzav8r
Rank 0
Rank 0

#28 Post by yhzav8r » Mon May 04, 2015 12:47 am

loopa wrote:
dirk82 wrote:
AllClutch wrote:Minimum of 80% new hires will be from AC express.

Is that guaranteed?

As far as I have heard and seen the only part if this rodeo that is in writting is that 700 and some hires are coming from Jazz making up 80% of the GS. Once that is exhausted 6-8 years from now its anyones guess what AC will do. From what I see unless you were at Jazz before this deal was in place and got your name on the list your chances at AC in the next 5 or so years are pretty slim. Beyond that agreement its all just blowing smoke up your a$$ so you will accept those laughable wages in hopes that one day soon your chance for AC will pop up.
This is exactly what I think too. Nothing has actually been said about anyone who isn't already on the PML. Or maybe it has just not publicly announced. All I have read is that 80% of AC grsc will include 700 odd PML pilot's. That to me reads that anyone who isn't already on it (case-in-point, new hires), has no guarantee of a flow through/interview/what ever you want to call it.

Question: Would it make sense to move anyone hired at Jazz on the new salary and pay for their replacement at the regional level? Because now you wouldn't be dealing with taking an expensive salary out of Jazz and replacing them with a b scale salaried pilot. You'd be taking someone that probably doesn't cost AC as much, paying for their training at AC, paying more salary during the course of their ac careers, paying for their replacement at Jazz, and in turn incurring more costs for one seat to be moved from company A to B. Why not just hire from outside when the PML is exhausted so that you don't have to pay twice for one seat to be filled from Jazz? Since the point of all this is to save money after all... Just my speculation obviously. Thoughts?
The main reason experienced pilots accept jobs at Westjet Encore despite low wages is for the opportunity to flow to Westjet. The belief that going to an Express Carrier will be the only way to get on with Air Canada will allow them attract pilots despite the low wages. The race to the bottom has begun.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

#29 Post by yycflyguy » Tue May 05, 2015 9:31 am

yhzav8r wrote: The race to the bottom has begun.
It's been on for over a decade.

Return to “Air Canada”