Question

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Question

Post by Old fella »

After new hired pilots complete the PIT course, do many opt for an RP assignment as compared to an FO spot on the A320 or EMB. I would think an RP position would be the cats ass as you get to go on international routes and see different places as compared to the YHZ YYZ YYT YVR and everything in between general stuff.
---------- ADS -----------

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Question

Post by loopa »

I would venture to guess it would be about flying versus not flying for each individual. Personally I think when you get to a place like AC, it's more about your career than turning on/off the AP through 1000 feet. Personally I would go for the RP position and then rent a citabria or something on the side to keep hands and feet sharp over the years that you're not flying. But then again, I think time will come after 10 years where doing YVR-YYC-YVR is as enjoyable as YYZ-IST-YYZ. I think the excitement of it will wear off over time. My understanding is that even as an RP you're very much involved in the crew-concept and have input into how the flight goes. This is from speaking with peers that are doing it atm.

Good discussion indeed old fella! 8)
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Air Canada”