The next PML wave

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Taxi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: The next PML wave

Post by Taxi »

Don't worry there's still a lot of pilot who fly for others company than express who desire to fly for Air Canada. They will find easily and all of their regional will still find people who will hope to get their chance to fly for the big red.
---------- ADS -----------

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by infiniteregulus »

I've also heard the 80-90% PFO rate (Georgian included). That's PRETTY high for a "flow" incentive...

xlwing
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by xlwing »

Such a shame. Sounds like the majority of Express guys got snuffed again :(

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

infiniteregulus wrote:I've also heard the 80-90% PFO rate (Georgian included). That's PRETTY high for a "flow" incentive...

The above statement is 100% false. Troll

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

xlwing wrote:Such a shame. Sounds like the majority of Express guys got snuffed again :(
I'm missing something, for the past year Air Canada has hired 80% of its pilots from Jazz as per it's PML agreement, and the other 20% have been from the hiring pool of pilots that were interviewed and 'hired' years earlier and pilots from Sky Regional and Air Georgian. When the Jazz PML was announced Air Canada committed to hiring exclusively from it's Express carriers and moving forward (as the pool has been emptied) it seems as though 100% of Air Canada's new hires are coming from its Express carriers. There are negotiated terms with Jazz with respect to how many pilots on the PML list can be rejected, there aren't any similar terms with SKy Regional and Air Georgian, why should pilots at those two carriers feel entitled to the same terms?

I fail to see how Express pilots have been snuffed? 100% of it's hiring doesn't seem like a snuff.

Do you think Air Canada should hire pilots because anonymous internet forum posters feel they're 'good guys'? Don't you think Air Canada has the right to determine who they wish to hire?They've already narrowed their pool of candidates quite substantially hiring only from its feeders.

TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

FWIW, the conditions laid out for Jazz PMA by Air Canada and Jazz are not set in stone.

Air Canada has already changed the hiring process for the Jazz PMA; so to say they must hire a certain number of Jazz pilots is hopeful at best!

aerodude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aerodude »

Does anyone know the average age of jazz/express guys getting hired through the the PML at AC. I'm at the point where im not sure if I should wait to see if there will be ever openings for direct hire to AC/WJ or go try the EXPAT life. Getting hired under 700 JZA guys if they are young will obviously be an issue for seniority/upgrade later on.
Can't afford F/O pay at AC Express/Encore.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

I can't speak to the average age per se, I can tell you most of the ones I spoke to who were considering the move, were late 40s to early 50s. Anyone over 52ish thought it was too big a risk, so I would think the majority will be under 45.

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

aerodude wrote:Does anyone know the average age of jazz/express guys getting hired through the the PML at AC. I'm at the point where im not sure if I should wait to see if there will be ever openings for direct hire to AC/WJ or go try the EXPAT life. Getting hired under 700 JZA guys if they are young will obviously be an issue for seniority/upgrade later on.
Can't afford F/O pay at AC Express/Encore.
Can someone with more info shed some light on the retirements at AC? I thought come 2017 AC hits a retirement spree where movement within the company will still be very aggressive for many years to come, making the 700 odd positions from Jazz just a replacement of the ones that are set to retire, leaving AC with many positions to fill for a very long time.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

December 2017 is when the first guys that stayed will hit 65.

I don't know the exact # but I think it's rumoured to be about 150/year, even 200 some years will be gone.

That's assuming fly to 70 hasn't caught yet.

Company is running and forecasting 1 or 2 courses of 20 per month right now.

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

Isn't this anticipated to last for a very long time as well? 2017 being the beginning of the retirement wave...

Return to “Air Canada”