Sports teams

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

NEBOJSA
Rank 1
Rank 1

Sports teams

Post by NEBOJSA »

Do ACA pilots and rest of the crew, bid or are the asked to fly the sports teams around. With hockey and basketball teams you are in for one game and then you go.
What about baseball.During the regular season you could be in a city for a few days.Does the airline or sports team pay the crew anything while they are there before flying out again..

Thanks,nebojsa
---------- ADS -----------

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Sports teams

Post by whiteguy »

NEBOJSA wrote:Do ACA pilots and rest of the crew, bid or are the asked to fly the sports teams around. With hockey and basketball teams you are in for one game and then you go.
What about baseball.During the regular season you could be in a city for a few days.Does the airline or sports team pay the crew anything while they are there before flying out again..

Thanks,nebojsa
It's a 1 year special assignment for FAs that has to be bid on. For pilots I think it's in their normal block bidding...

Taxivasion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Taxivasion »

[/quote]It's a 1 year special assignment for FAs that has to be bid on. For pilots I think it's in their normal block bidding...[/quote]

The Players must love the 60 Year old Galley Dragons that have the seniority to bid for that! :vom:

DanJ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DanJ »

NEBOJSA wrote: What about baseball.During the regular season you could be in a city for a few days.Does the airline or sports team pay the crew anything while they are there before flying out again..

Thanks,nebojsa
I would think depending on demand, the plane leaves and comes back, or another plane comes back for the team.

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

"The Players must love the 60 Year old Galley Dragons that have the seniority to bid for that!" :vom:[/quote]

Some flight attendants are approaching 60, some in their early 20's (and the full range in between). All have to apply for the position, and all are hand picked according to their qualifications. Regarding the "60 Year Old Galley Dragons" as you so condescendingly put it, I can assure you that the players love them. All the flight attendants do a great job, and since it is charter flying must think out of the box.

I've seen the Jetz operation at work. It is nothing short of incredible. That's why the sports teams keep asking to be flown on Jetz.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

The Raven wrote:"The Players must love the 60 Year old Galley Dragons that have the seniority to bid for that!" :vom:
Some flight attendants are approaching 60, some in their early 20's (and the full range in between). All have to apply for the position, and all are hand picked according to their qualifications. Regarding the "60 Year Old Galley Dragons" as you so condescendingly put it, I can assure you that the players love them. All the flight attendants do a great job, and since it is charter flying must think out of the box.

I've seen the Jetz operation at work. It is nothing short of incredible. That's why the sports teams keep asking to be flown on Jetz.[/quote]

Didn't know there was such thing as Jetz so fired up the ole Google and sure enough.... I would say that would be a fun job front end/back end crew flying Leaf/Jays and other teams around - dare I say "tickets to some games", then again probably rules in place.

60 yr old galley dragons.......... my last trip with AC on yer B777 to LHR, there was an FA longish hair with grey streaks through, she was no doubt a "looker" in her younger years and still is now, no doubt. I guess late 40's or early 50's, slim figure...... who is the lucky guy as I did notice a ring. There were indeed drop dead gorgeous lassies in the 1960-70's

AvExpress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AvExpress »

Taxivasion wrote:It's a 1 year special assignment for FAs that has to be bid on. For pilots I think it's in their normal block bidding...

The Players must love the 60 Year old Galley Dragons that have the seniority to bid for that! :vom:
Rather offensive. What would you say when you're 60 and some pax or crew member is in absolute disgust that you're flying the plane?

Don't forget CRM extends beyond the flightdeck, and airmanship beyond you're own bubble.

Taxivasion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Taxivasion »

Sex sells Gentlemen... If you don't understand that you're living in a bubble. These 20 y/o professional athletes don't want their grandmother serving them hot milk and cookies.

Sorry to speak the absolute truth and offend someone. God forbid.

biatch
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by biatch »

What about the fairy nice boy f/a's....surely they're banned from this. I don't see the sportsmen eager to be drooled over by a thumb ring wearing, lisp talking, stained goatee rectum ranger.

I don't mean to offend btw.

Carry on.

nottellin
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nottellin »

biatch wrote:What about the fairy nice boy f/a's....surely they're banned from this. I don't see the sportsmen eager to be drooled over by a thumb ring wearing, lisp talking, stained goatee rectum ranger.

Carry on.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

biatch wrote:What about the fairy nice boy f/a's....surely they're banned from this. I don't see the sportsmen eager to be drooled over by a thumb ring wearing, lisp talking, stained goatee rectum ranger.

Carry on.
Many of them have man buns now, but then again so does Josh Donaldson. :P

Let’s Go Brandon
The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

Taxivasion wrote:Sex sells Gentlemen... If you don't understand that you're living in a bubble. These 20 y/o professional athletes don't want their grandmother serving them hot milk and cookies.

So you've been around 20 year old professional athletes, have you? Maybe it's time to get out of your mother's basement and stop fantasizing.

I flew Jetz charters for several years. I've played cards with these athletes , I've had drinks with them at the hotel, and I've smoked a helluva lot of cigars with a certain NHL goalie. I can assure you that during the flight it is all business. The players get on and are generally exhausted and hungry (usually they've just played a game). They get quickly fed before the flight and then the big meal comes out during the flight. The flights are usually short and it takes a lot of coordination and hard work on the part of the flight attendants to get everyone fed. I'm talking a full course meal for 50 passengers in as little as 45 minutes flying time. Sitting during turbulence?...No time. When the team arrives, the flight attendants are full on (non-stop) until we arrive at destination.

Bajan Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bajan Pilot »

"60 Year old Galley Dragons" are one of the best assets AC has. Anyone who can be so condescending is just an @$$.

Taxivasion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Taxivasion »

The Raven wrote:
Taxivasion wrote:Sex sells Gentlemen... If you don't understand that you're living in a bubble. These 20 y/o professional athletes don't want their grandmother serving them hot milk and cookies.

So you've been around 20 year old professional athletes, have you? Maybe it's time to get out of your mother's basement and stop fantasizing.

I flew Jetz charters for several years. I've played cards with these athletes , I've had drinks with them at the hotel, and I've smoked a helluva lot of cigars with a certain NHL goalie. I can assure you that during the flight it is all business. The players get on and are generally exhausted and hungry (usually they've just played a game). They get quickly fed before the flight and then the big meal comes out during the flight. The flights are usually short and it takes a lot of coordination and hard work on the part of the flight attendants to get everyone fed. I'm talking a full course meal for 50 passengers in as little as 45 minutes flying time. Sitting during turbulence?...No time. When the team arrives, the flight attendants are full on (non-stop) until we arrive at destination.
Congrats, you get the award for totally missing the point.

Continue to live in your bubble though.

You think you're the only one who's been around professional athletes? News flash, The majority are pigs when it comes to women. Maybe not in your Jetz bubble, but they are. This is first hand knowledge of being around many athletes and being that 20 Y/O athlete many years ago. If they had a choice between a sexy 25-35 Y/O or a Biscuit tosser that could be their Gam Gam I think I know what they would choose. Level of service being a moot point. Who do you think is bidding? high seniority 60 y/o's that do maybe 2 (45 mins) legs a day or low seniority multi leg 14-16 hour day to Saskatoon in cattle class?

If you argue this point I'm revoking your man card.

This pilot knows what's up lol

https://youtu.be/SZwcKtQGB1A

AvExpress
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AvExpress »

I'm not going to deny sex sells. But as a pilot, a certain amount of professionalism is required, that includes how we address other colleagues, not act like a 20yr old hormone led ass. Like at the end of that video, "..and they wonder why airline pilots have a bad reputation". And I'll add why most pilots are willing to back stab. We all should be striving to make this industry better not worse as it has been the past couple decades, and that's where professionalism comes in.

Perhaps I'll stay living in my own bubble, hoping that one day things will get better for aviation.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Do you actually think that the PLAYERS have any say in the FAs? Sex does NOT sell in this case. Team executives look for coordination of their schedules and AC JETZ is one of the only players that can provide the service TEAM EXECUTIVES need. Word of mouth from the PLAYERS encourages other teams to join. At one point we had all the Canadian teams and half a dozen in the US plus the Jays. It's a good product.

One other point. You think the person negotiating the contract wants their players in potentially "distracting" situation with an 18 FA? They want the exact opposite! Although, the hand picked FAs are generally of the genetically blessed demographic.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

AvExpress wrote:I'm not going to deny sex sells. But as a pilot, a certain amount of professionalism is required, that includes how we address other colleagues, not act like a 20yr old hormone led ass. Like at the end of that video, "..and they wonder why airline pilots have a bad reputation". And I'll add why most pilots are willing to back stab. We all should be striving to make this industry better not worse as it has been the past couple decades, and that's where professionalism comes in.

Perhaps I'll stay living in my own bubble, hoping that one day things will get better for aviation.
+1

Return to “Air Canada”