The Air Canada OTS thread

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

your flight time ?

500+ PIC JET
4%
500+ PIC JET 2 CREW
10%
500+ PIC TURBOPROP 2 CREW
16%
1000+ F/O JET/TURBOPROP 2 CREW
17%
Total Time 1500/2000
5%
2000/3000
11%
3000/ More
37%

Total votes: 969

TrashHawler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: The Air Canada OTS thread

Post by TrashHawler »

Sharklasers wrote:
atphat wrote:Any chance at all for :weedman: ? Maybe something came out in the bloodwork?
I've never heard of someone getting a medical and a PFO afterwards (that doesn't mean much though).
AC invests a lot of time and money by the time a candidate gets to the medical and as many have said you would think that if a medical issue was "PFOable" they would let you know why.
You do the drug test first thing right in front of the nurse, she stirs your urine with the test strip while you sit together at a desk making small talk. I think he would know if he hit for drugs.
I was told I was clean right away. She told me about the whole colour thing and I tested negative.
---------- ADS -----------

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Call the Dr. I think they will tell you if your medical was clean or not. Anyone I know that had a problem with the medical was told what it was and tested again.
The doctor is also there to assess you psychologically, he asks how other people would describe you etc.

checkremarks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by checkremarks »

TrashHawler,

Did you receive an email at any point from AC HR stating that all pilot vacancies are full, We do anticipate continuing to hire throughout the fall and 2018, and as such, we hope to be able to proceed with your file in the future. Until that time, your application will be put on hold. Your file will remain active for a period of twelve (12) months?

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"
"Why don't you knock it off with all them negative waves"
TrashHawler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TrashHawler »

checkremarks wrote:TrashHawler,

Did you receive an email at any point from AC HR stating that all pilot vacancies are full, We do anticipate continuing to hire throughout the fall and 2018, and as such, we hope to be able to proceed with your file in the future. Until that time, your application will be put on hold. Your file will remain active for a period of twelve (12) months?
Yes, back in April

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

Very strange. Call the doc. Can't hurt.

flyhighneverdie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyhighneverdie »

TrashHawler wrote:

Yes, back in April
Its almost like when you do the medical its not an indication that the interview was successful. Its like they build file and and once complete, its submitted to a hiring commity for a decision on all the elements presented by the HR. They stopped the hiring machine in April and they have now restarted it where it was stopped. I'm surprised that it would be like that but it seems so. Anyone else can chime in with more info about the process?

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

that doesnt seem like a PFO that seems like they just didnt need anymore pilots?.....no/yes?
If its still active I would assume you would get the offer when they start hiring again?

flyhighneverdie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyhighneverdie »

CAL wrote:that doesnt seem like a PFO that seems like they just didnt need anymore pilots?.....no/yes?
If its still active I would assume you would get the offer when they start hiring again?

In April they stopped the hiring and where saying resuming fall 2017. However they begun processing candidates again late in June and apparently some courses are on the go this month and next.

I dont think they would pfo just to keep you waiting while the hiring process is on hold. After the medical there is the reference and security checks. The problem could be there. But it could be very much with something else if they process everyone up to the medical without the need of a successful interview. Hard to say.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Someone must have a course date... did one just start?

I see a dozen or so 787RP courses for "New Hires" on the training plan all through August...

If one hasn't started, I guess someone isn't coordinating with the planner.

TrashHawler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TrashHawler »

flyhighneverdie wrote:
TrashHawler wrote:

Yes, back in April
Its almost like when you do the medical its not an indication that the interview was successful. Its like they build file and and once complete, its submitted to a hiring commity for a decision on all the elements presented by the HR. They stopped the hiring machine in April and they have now restarted it where it was stopped. I'm surprised that it would be like that but it seems so. Anyone else can chime in with more info about the process?
I don't believe that part with the interview not being assessed. If the interview went poorly, I am sure they wouldn't call references, send for a medical. I don't know how that psychological assessment factors in as I've heard it takes awhile to get the results back.

TrashHawler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TrashHawler »

CAL wrote:that doesnt seem like a PFO that seems like they just didnt need anymore pilots?.....no/yes?
I definitely got PFO "our hiring board has determined that we are unable to offer you employment at this time". Can't be any more clear than that.

Jetstream930
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jetstream930 »

Does anyone know when the next ground school is going to be?
Good luck to all in the hiring process.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Jetstream930 wrote:Does anyone know when the next ground school is going to be?
Good luck to all in the hiring process.

I was told there was one earlier this month. Next one in Sept/Oct.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Looks like a class last week.

WJE, SKY, Porter, Transat, a couple others...

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

No Jazz or Georgian? Hmm.

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

Jean-Pierre wrote:No Jazz or Georgian? Hmm.
Dont know about Jazz but GGN had sent over quota for the last few GS. The PMA is not a per GS commitment from the operator perspective, it is a yearly commitment to flow. This is probably just giving them a breather to catch up on training.

PROC_HDG
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PROC_HDG »

-

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

gtanorth wrote:
Jean-Pierre wrote:No Jazz or Georgian? Hmm.
This is probably just giving them a breather to catch up on training.
This is a great chance for OTS candidates. It's why they started calling them in early before the fall like they had planned.

Gear Jerker
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Gear Jerker »

altiplano wrote:Looks like a class last week.

WJE, SKY, Porter, Transat, a couple others...
All with degrees?

Look, it's f***in Patrick Swayze and Reveen!
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I don't know.

Return to “Air Canada”