Air Canada Mainline Pilot Hires Interview Questions

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Air Canada Mainline Pilot Hires Interview Questions

Post by shivam282 »

I would like to know how an Air Canada Mainline Interview for the Pilot role would go. Are there any kinds of tests to complete before, during, or after the test? Specifically, does it include a mathematics, IQ test, or anything of that sort? I would like to hear from people that have a recent or non-recent experiences with this Interview. Also from anybody that knows any confirmed information, but may not have necessarily been through the interview.
---------- ADS -----------

aV1aTOr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Canada Mainline Pilot Hires Interview Questions

Post by aV1aTOr »

-Psychological exam. Consists of 750+ questions which map out how honest you are about yourself. (eg. I enjoy meeting up with friends on the weekend. I think about alcohol first thing in the morning. I would say I am an optimistic person. etc. Strongly agree, somewhat agree, somewhat disagree, strongly disagree). How you answer is irrelevant to being selected, but consistency of your answers is what matters. You cannot study for this test.
-Panel interview. Usually a flight ops representative (management pilot or line captain) as well as an HR representative. General "tell us about a time when" type questions as well as covering the bases questions (ever been violated? Disciplined at work? Aviation incident/accident? etc.) Anywhere between 20-40 mins. You cannot study for this, other than preparing and fine turning stories/experiences that might be applicable. Canned answers and obviously polished answers reflect badly on you. Remember these guys interview hundreds of candidates. They've heard all the interview prep course answers. Don't go there.
-Cognitive test. Sit alone in a room at a computer and play mind puzzle/reflex games. Test short term memory, reflex, problem solving, and all of the above at the same time. About 30 mins. You can prepare for this by using "brain exercise" type websites, but the in house test is unique.

If all of the above goes well, including reference checks, you are called for an in house medical. Not so much to eliminate candidates, but to determine a clean bill of health before hiring can proceed.

This info is from a successful hiring experience 4 years ago. Hope it helps.

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Canada Mainline Pilot Hires Interview Questions

Post by shivam282 »

This is very helpful. Thank you aV1aTOr. :)

Return to “Air Canada”