Domestic 787 routes

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Chris M
Rank 5
Rank 5

Domestic 787 routes

Post by Chris M »

Is AC operating any domestic routes with 787's these days? The wife and I are flying YYZ-YYJ this summer, which obviously won't have a Dreamliner route, but if there's a YYZ-YVR or something we could work that into the trip. Haven't had a chance to fly on a 787 yet.
---------- ADS -----------

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Domestic 787 routes

Post by jpilot77 »

Check the App for your travel date. Just a quick search on March 1st showed a late afternoon 787-900 FLIGHT on YYZ-YVR.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
Ancient
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ancient »

Last edited by Ancient on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FL410
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FL410 »

Can generally be found on YYZ-YVR, YUL-YYZ (occasionally) and YUL-YVR (starting in a few months). As mentioned, while other parts of the experience are superior to other aircraft, the seats are not. However the 777 now has the same seats and the upcoming MAX will certainly be similar. If you're doing YYZ-YYJ this summer you may be on Rouge?

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

I know this is an Air Canada thread, but I'll ask anyway. What airline is recommended for domestic travel? Comfort and customer experience is important and I'd gladly pay a bit extra to not be uncomfortable.

Braaaap
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Braaaap »

Traveled on the 787 last summer from YYZ - YVR middle of the morning departure.
goingnowherefast wrote:I know this is an Air Canada thread, but I'll ask anyway. What airline is recommended for domestic travel? Comfort and customer experience is important and I'd gladly pay a bit extra to not be uncomfortable.
Depends if you're going big city to big city or if you're heading across the country. If you're traveling within eastern Canada IMO can't beat the room and experience you get with Porter. There is a noticeable difference in seat room on their Q400's compared to Air Canada's. Premium snacks and drinks. Paying extra for the first row of seats is worth it and the flight attendants are always cheerful and polite even when delayed.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Anything on an EMB 190, guaranteed not to be a middle seat yet much roomier than a CRJ for width.
If you are going to be stuck in a middle seat on a narrow body I'd take a 320 over a 737.
If you are willing to pay a little more the WJ plus is actually a good deal as you can spread out more than a regular seat.
If you are willing to pay top dollar AC business class is still a few steps above the WJ plus but it is priced that way as well.

FADEC
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FADEC »

Regarding the seats; TOO NARROW!!
Just spent seven hours in one getting to know my neighbours shoulders and elbow; MOST Unpleasant!!
AC clearly bought the seats without any thought of comfort; thank you Rovinescu!
Too narrow for even an normal person; hopefully one will never sit beside a large person.

Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rudy »

Another issue with the 787 on long haul is the windows don't fully black out. If you're flying West to East into the sun and trying to sleep make sure you bring an eye mask. I've heard some 787 operators are fitting physical window shades again for this reason.

Return to “Air Canada”