The old switch...?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Airbusfan
Rank 3
Rank 3

The old switch...?

Post by Airbusfan »

Anyone ever been booked on Air Canada Mainline, then had their flight switched to Rouge...?

Flying YUL-FCO & would be very pissed if this were to happen...
---------- ADS -----------

Cap'n P8
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: The old switch...?

Post by Cap'n P8 »

I can tell you that is a mainline A330 route as of right now. Not sure when you are traveling, but I can almost guarantee you 100%, that you will not be switched to a Rouge flight if you are going anytime soon.

"Hell, I'll fly up your ass if the money's right!"
Orlando Jones - Say It Isn't So
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Not intending to stir the pot but is Rouge all that bad. I have never flown them not that I wouldn't but my AC trips just happened to coincide with Mainline. My daughter, SIL and better half did trips with them to San Diego, Las Vagas and I believe there was south trip tossed in there few yrs ago. I did ask them what they thought and response was mostly positive, service good, departure on time, got us there safely, baggage wasn't lost scenario type of commentary, dare I say typical for those not into aviation. Outside of family I haven't heard much either way from friends acquaintances on Rouge.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Old fella wrote:Not intending to stir the pot but is Rouge all that bad. I have never flown them not that I wouldn't but my AC trips just happened to coincide with Mainline. My daughter, SIL and better half did trips with them to San Diego, Las Vagas and I believe there was south trip tossed in there few yrs ago. I did ask them what they thought and response was mostly positive, service good, departure on time, got us there safely, baggage wasn't lost scenario type of commentary, dare I say typical for those not into aviation. Outside of family I haven't heard much either way from friends acquaintances on Rouge.
The only negative feedback I have heard about Rouge is the lack if IFE. I haven't flown on them, is this the case in all of their aircraft?

aV1aTOr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aV1aTOr »

Bring your own ipad (or smart phone even) and down load the Air Canada app. Lots of free movies. If you don't have one, rent an ipad for $10 with even more movies than the app gives you.
That's hard to complain about.....

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

aV1aTOr wrote:Bring your own ipad (or smart phone even) and down load the Air Canada app. Lots of free movies. If you don't have one, rent an ipad for $10 with even more movies than the app gives you.
Got'em both IPad Air 2 Gold and IPhone 6 unlike many of my 67-69 yr old goat buddies who think the texting/FaceTime/apps is nothing but a communist plot. I showed one of them my travel folder on iPhone 6 with AC,WJ, Flightradar24, Google maps etc apps..... I showed same goat my Wallet app and had my SFO boarding expired electronic boarding pass. I lost him at first sentence when I started to explain the process. I swear to Christ some of'em are still back in the black and white TV and AM radio era.

Anyway I am onboard.
:smt040

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

aV1aTOr wrote:Bring your own ipad (or smart phone even) and down load the Air Canada app. Lots of free movies. If you don't have one, rent an ipad for $10 with even more movies than the app gives you.
Yeah, isn't that exactly the same as every WJ flight?

ajet32
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ajet32 »

Had my first Rouge trip YYC to YUL. Great service and the IPAD entertainment was quite satisfactory. Being an AC supporter I was still quite happy with the end result.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

You're worried about one flight switched?

I'm about to get my whole career Rouged... what a joke...

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

ajet32 wrote:Had my first Rouge trip YYC to YUL. Great service and the IPAD entertainment was quite satisfactory. Being an AC supporter I was still quite happy with the end result.
Rouge is doing YYC to YUL? That seems like an odd leisure route - I can see why Altiplano would be annoyed.

We did get "Rouged" back when they first launched on a YVR-LAX flight. We had booked th flight on Aeroplan, so we weren't super ticked, but still. Overall I didn't love the experience for the primary reason that the seat pocket springs dug right in to my knee. Not sure if that's changed at all. I didn't mind the iPad entertainment experience.

When done on the right routes that are actual leisure routes, I think Rouge makes a lot of sense. YVR-LAX is NOT a leisure route though. I'd argue YYC-YUL isn't either.

livinlife
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by livinlife »

altiplano wrote:You're worried about one flight switched?

I'm about to get my whole career Rouged... what a joke...

Right?? Big NO vote from this guy...but I am sure the group will vote it in.....Rouge is so much fun, being on the road in exotic locations with all those 20 yr old backend staff.

FenderManDan
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FenderManDan »

Never had a flight switch from main line to Rouge, but had the other way around. :))))
As far as Rouge like the iPad option for movies better than any system. I hate A320/321 hi density seating. B767 has some room in the first 6-7 first economy rows but after that it's the sardines.
If you upgrade the seats you can come close to the mainline fares if you look for the deals.

My 2c

Marinth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Marinth »

Old fella wrote:Not intending to stir the pot but is Rouge all that bad. I have never flown them not that I wouldn't but my AC trips just happened to coincide with Mainline. My daughter, SIL and better half did trips with them to San Diego, Las Vagas and I believe there was south trip tossed in there few yrs ago. I did ask them what they thought and response was mostly positive, service good, departure on time, got us there safely, baggage wasn't lost scenario type of commentary, dare I say typical for those not into aviation. Outside of family I haven't heard much either way from friends acquaintances on Rouge.
Depends if you're on the 767 or the A319/321. The 767 is actually fairly comfortable. The 319/321 are the worst seat configuration I've ever seen. I'm not a particularly tall man (5'11), but I couldn't get my knees to not touch the seat in front of me.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Marinth wrote:The 319/321 are the worst seat configuration I've ever seen. I'm not a particularly tall man (5'11), but I couldn't get my knees to not touch the seat in front of me.
Imagine being 6'5" like me. Apart from the seat pitch on the Airbuses I have nothing negative to say about Rouge, the 767s are quite comfy, and I continue to book them over the competition.

Lemon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lemon »

Return to “Air Canada”