Question regarding to AC hiring process. (AME)

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

foxhound220
Rank 0
Rank 0

Question regarding to AC hiring process. (AME)

Post by foxhound220 »

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and hoping to enter the aviation industry.
I'm a fresh out of school AME grad and was fortunate enough to be invited to an interview this July.
During the interview the interviewer mentioned that there are no current vacancies at the moment, and have to wait for people to either retire or transfer out before they can start hiring people.
This is completely understandable, but got me a little confused as in why they invited me to an interview just to tell me that they're currently not hiring at the moment?

Moreover, I received a call from CA's HR department a few days later asking me to schedule for a medical exam. The medical exam went smoothly and the doctor there told me I passed the medical at the spot. She said I would be working inside fuel cell when I start working. This got my hopes up as normally in other fields once you pass the medical you can be pretty confident that you will land the job. However she then wished me luck in hearing back from AC and getting the job.
I am even more confused at this point as I am receiving conflicting messages here. At one hand my interaction with the AC staff makes me feel as I am going to get the job, but on the other hand they act as if they're not hiring.
It's now been a few weeks, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Could someone shed some light on AC's hiring process? Do they reach back to their rejected candidates? Also when can I usually expect to hear back from the hiring managers/HR personnels after an interview?(Since I know every company is different)
Thank you for taking the time reading my questions, and hopefully can shed some light for me.
---------- ADS -----------

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Question regarding to AC hiring process. (AME)

Post by plhought »

Where did you apply? Did you apply for one of the 'pool of applicants positions'?

Where did you conduct your interview? Did you complete/hand in security check forms before interview?

Toronto is hiring like crazy, and from what gather from other experiences there being asked to do the medical is a good sign for AME positions.

Strange they would mention no position available in the interview.

Fuel cell work/training is actually voluntary at AC. But there is a wage premium for it.

mchang90
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Question regarding to AC hiring process. (AME)

Post by mchang90 »

Did you hear anything back from them?

Return to “Air Canada”