Commuter hotels YYZ

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Commuter hotels YYZ

Post by 3down&loct »

Hey guys, just wondering if any YYZ commuters would be willing to share the rates you are getting in YYZ. The rates for WJ pilots is going up at almost all the hotels we stay at. The "go to" Travel lodge jacked their rates from $69- 129 after the reno. Seems like many of our other hotels are doing the same.
I know you guys use some of the same hotels, however curious if the same is happening to you for hotels where we do not get a rate.
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

1000islander
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Commuter hotels YYZ

Post by 1000islander »

I am not actively commuting right now, but used to use the TL as well [stayed there the day before the rate hit $129]..there doesn't seem to be any hotels willing to accommodate commuters anymore..Hotwire might be to blame for this.

Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rudy »

I still get the low rate at the Travelodge (Double Tree) if I got my company to do the booking. Have you tried that?

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

A friend of mine told me the Crowne Plaza YYZ offers good Jazz rates. Never stayed there (on my own dime) before.

Das ist mir wurst...
Level Change
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Level Change »

The Indigo which is now a Best Western Premiere on Carlingview has always had good rates. However, they had incidences of Credit Card cloning going on. So much so that I just kept a basic no frills low limit CC just for commuting hotels. The incidence rate has declined substantially but it seems to be a problem. I think they are the only ones who have not jacked up their rates.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

Have you ever tried Priceline? A few colleagues feedback, if you are flexible you can get a good deal.

Return to “Air Canada”