TSC-ALPA vs ACPA

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Competency/experience level of your Union to handle your needs-

ACPA- Does a good job
8%
ACPA- Needs to be open to suggestions/demographics
18%
ALPA- Does a good job
51%
ALPA- Needs to be open to suggestions/demographics
13%
Neither- I don't understand the full purpose of unions
10%

Total votes: 39

TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

TSC-ALPA vs ACPA

Post by TheSocialChameleon »

The industry has changed in Canada over the last two years. Big difference being a significantly younger demographics at Air Canada and the regionals.
Different age groups of employees means a different set of needs/priorities. What works for someone close to retirement doesn't help someone in their 20's.
The senior guys had the best pension and pay and do not relate to the incoming pilots. Vote above so we avCanadians can see the true picture.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by TheSocialChameleon on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hate me or Like me. Both days I get paid.
98 Corolla
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: TSC-ALPA vs ACPA

Post by 98 Corolla »

I voted the I don't understand one. Air Canada was deemed an essential service by the federal government. I'm not sure exactly what a union at Air Canada has to bargain with anymore. Wages and working conditions will be set by the Canada Industrial Relations Board.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Your poll looks like an ACPA poll...

None of the answers work for me.

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by infiniteregulus »

98 Corolla wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 pm I voted the I don't understand one. Air Canada was deemed an essential service by the federal government. I'm not sure exactly what a union at Air Canada has to bargain with anymore. Wages and working conditions will be set by the Canada Industrial Relations Board.
I've pondered this myself. Seems pretty pointless to negotiate anything at all if they just get screwed by the government every time. Why do the pilots even bother paying thousands of dollars for a union if the company has ALL the bargaining power? To me I don't think it's a problem with the pilots or the company, but rather the human rights aspect in how AC pilots are essentially slaves without say, to the demands of the Canadian citizens a la government. By that respect, they might as well be government employees with government benefits!

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

I picked up two huge bags of birdseed at TSC today. No need to let my little feathered friends go hungry in the cold.

TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:57 am I picked up two huge bags of birdseed at TSC today. No need to let my little feathered friends go hungry in the cold.
Sometimes you scream so loud, you cry for attention, but ironically no one's listening.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:57 am I picked up two huge bags of birdseed at TSC today. No need to let my little feathered friends go hungry in the cold.
I only clicked on the thread to see if someone posted a smart remark. So at least someone is listening. I had a little chuckle as well for what it's worth.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Unions are earned....like a restraining order.

If your company has a union chances are you have some real chit heads in management, and probably a few in non management.

That said I've never heard of a google or Microsoft Union, and that's because those places take care of their people, they expect the best and treat their people like the best, thus no Union.

That said many union reps are pathetic and probably couldn't negotiate themselves out of a wet paper bag.

At my company our union is pretty weak, but our base, without the involvement of the Union, maneuvered ourselves to get some additional non union protected extra yearly pay, so I can say that myself and a couple of the other pilots at my base negotiated more pay for us than our union has. However without the union protections, which gave us leverage, that wouldn't have been possible.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Alcoholism wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 am
TheSocialChameleon wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 am
Sometimes you scream so loud, you cry for attention, but ironically no one's listening.
The only attention whore is you. If you need help there a 1 800 number you can find easily. Whack jobs like you should take a break from flying an airplane. A good mental vacation is perhaps what you need.

Additionally, you can count on your friends here at avcanada to support your endeavours to find a new line of work. Perhaps a hard ware store.

AlcoholismI I see where you're coming from. I am adding value and it makes you feel uncomfortable that you nitpick on a few words TSC rather than the whole story like the media ofter does. Anything taken out of context can even make Gandhi look bad. I can offer you more proof in a private message. This is just me, but when I read someone's post and understand the intent behind it, it makes it acceptable. The original post has been written to help understand the people's perception of the biggest unions in Canada. A poll is a great way to see what the majority prefers. Just like every democratic country elects their leader. That is the target audience, it will 100% relate to them. But, it may not relate to you. So, perhaps justmove on and see if you can find another one on here that helps you brother.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

TheSocialChameleon wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:04 am
TheSocialChameleon wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 am Sometimes you scream so loud, you cry for attention, but ironically no one's listening.
The only attention whore is you. If you need help there a 1 800 number you can find easily. Whack jobs like you should take a break from flying an airplane. A good mental vacation is perhaps what you need.

Additionally, you can count on your friends here at avcanada to support your endeavours to find a new line of work. Perhaps a hard ware store.

AlcoholismI I see where you're coming from. I am adding value and it makes you feel uncomfortable that you nitpick on a few words TSC rather than the whole story like the media ofter does. Anything taken out of context can even make Gandhi look bad. I can offer you more proof in a private message. This is just me, but when I read someone's post and understand the intent behind it, it makes it acceptable. The original post has been written to help understand the people's perception of the biggest unions in Canada. A poll is a great way to see what the majority prefers. Just like every democratic country elects their leader. That is the target audience, it will 100% relate to them. But, it may not relate to you. So, perhaps justmove on and see if you can find another one on here that helps you brother.
Hi TSC. I would like to play a game. I also like to copy paste replies throughout the forum, derive useless info and waste bandwidth. So if you can do more than I, then the next step shall be revealed.
TheSocialChameleon wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 am

Return to “Air Canada”