Interview

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

planett
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Interview

Post by planett »

To be brief and to the point:

1) Interviewer was very welcoming, to the point, informal in a formal way. A positive experience.

2) The video interview is a half decent tutorial for the face to face interview.

3) Psych test is a real gem.

4) After close to 25 years in the industry, no matter what happens, I'll look back and say "that was a good day".

5) Your mileage may vary.
---------- ADS -----------

nottellin
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nottellin »

planett wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:18 pm To be brief and to the point:

1) Interviewer was very welcoming, to the point, informal in a formal way. A positive experience.

2) The video interview is a half decent tutorial for the face to face interview.

4) After close to 25 years in the industry, no matter what happens, I'll look back and say "that was a good day".

Thanks

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

planett wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:18 pm To be brief and to the point:

Great summary!

FADEC
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FADEC »

Regarding Logbooks; I don't know what AC is doing these days but;

I was working with an F/O elsewhere who had a lovely Logbook with lots of Turbine Captain Time all signed off.

Turned out, that it was a work of fiction; that person had not been a Captain on that aircraft; had been an F/O and let go for being difficult.

Competent on some days; Incompetent on others. Would do off the wall things from time to time. Could not be trusted in or out of an airplane.

I would perhaps be suspicious of a wonderful logbook; I would talk to previous employers, or even better, find someone within my organisation who had worked with the person in question.

I also worked with a Captain who was terrible; not a bad pilot, but a terrible crew member and a poor Captain. a "Captain Queeg" for sure. (Google it)

AC saw through the act at the interview; PFO''d. Another carrier got fooled and hired the person; good luck to them!

macallan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by macallan »

Just wondering for folks who did In-Person Interviews & Medical in April. Have they all got reply yet ?
I did my in-person in third week of April, haven't heard anything yet.

(Also the summary from #planett was exactly how the in person and medical went. Sorry for late reply)

yvrflyguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yvrflyguy »

Don't be surprised if you dont hear back for a little while. They're not running any more courses until september, and the May 14 course only had 12 people in it, as opposed to the 40 in all previous classes this year.

DHC7DVR
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by DHC7DVR »

Got the call!!

GS on October 1st....(although I'm still agonizing over the formula pay; that's going to seriously hurt)..

Anyone in the know have any idea what types are on offer for the October GS???

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

Congratulations,
Welcome to Air Canada. Enjoy the ride!
Cheers.

yvrflyguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yvrflyguy »

Looks like its gonna be mostly 320 and 767 for the Sept guys...nothing posted for training deeper in to october yet

Return to “Air Canada”