The E190 and Sky Regional discussion

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: The E190 and Sky Regional discussion

Post by RVR6000 »

If it where to happen you would see mainline pilots walk-off and shut the place down. It would be a gross violation of the contract.

6 are going to the dessert starting next month. By 2020 the 190’s will be all parked or returned to the lessor.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by RVR6000 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

iflyroads wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm Hypothetical:

If sky and ggn or sky and jazz were to merge, whos contract would the pilots fly under ?
First step would be a representation vote or a representation order from the CIRB. Given that the Jazz and GGN pilots are already ALPA, and that the volume of SKY pilots could not affect the result of a representation vote, then most likely a representation order in favour of ALPA.

Second step would be negotiating a common CBA. Likely result would be current Jazz CBA with changes to accommodate addition of GGN and SKY operations. There are no material differences in their equipment or operations (B1900 excepted) so I would not expect significant variations in the final CBA from the existing Jazz CBA. Merging the Express pilots into the Jazz CBA eliminates strike/lockout and fixes cost increases through 2025.

Third step would be seniority integration per the ALPA Merger Policy.

None of this is complicated. And there is little risk to AC as what they want is cost certainty at close to market rates from a reliable CPA vendor. The hurdle is the commercial transaction that would see CHR acquire GGN and SKY.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

av8ts wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:15 pm
AC wants diversity in its Express feed. It’s wants multiple companies fighting for the work. If Jazz and Sky were to merge then AC would just find another company to do some Express flying.
What AC wants is a safe, reliable, and cost competitive Express network.

All 3 Express vendors have extended the CPA duration in to the mid 2020’s timeframe at guaranteed rates.

Only 1 Express vendor has a no strike/lockout guarantee and labour cost certainty for another 7 years.

In 2010 it made sense to diversify the Express vendor pool. In 2018/2019 it may make less sense. Times change and so do strategic plans.

straight2thepoint
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by straight2thepoint »

GATRKGA wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:31 am All of the new hires at Sky Regional are being told that there’s a big announcement coming this fall, and many are speculating it’s the E190.

I always thought ACPA had a hard rule in the scope clause for 76 PAX, and that this would never happen.

What’s the word like at AC? Can someone shed some light?
I'm a new hire at Sky and this is the first I'm hearing of this...

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

As for SKY and 190’s, it will never happen.

Any such initiative would require ACPA consent. Scope language is closed. Not subject to arbitration.

I cannot fathom the size of the immediate increase in all payrates that ACPA would ask for just to allow the operation of a handful of 190’s at Express. No way AC would either require such initiative or justify the expense.

The bigger question is whether there will ever be another jet of any size added at Express.

Captian Uranus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Captian Uranus »

I am Thinking,

Maybe, AMO, New Offices on Carling View, New Hanger, NEW E175 E2's? Just Maybe?

Normawaitearteciara
Rank 0
Rank 0

The E190 and Sky Regional discussion

Post by Normawaitearteciara »

Gidday DaveDo you know what years those were issued and worn and also the meaning of the yellow sythe?Phill

элитное такси

отдых в Адлере

]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]
]