In need of a 9/11 history lesson

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

160tonoaha
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: In need of a 9/11 history lesson

Post by 160tonoaha »

Desert Dawg wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:51 am Ah 2 classes in '02. I really thought there was just the one. Thanks

DB pensions are perfect for pilots who are generally horrible investors. I understand it's now a DC and the days of DB are all long gone but the defined benefit pension you just can't beat. You don't want most pilots "in control" of their retirements which is why the DB was so great. You could buy as much Nortel, Blackberry stock etc. and you'd still be just fine. Look at the markets now!? Finally, pilots also tend to take advice from other pilots. Not good generally. Convinced yet? :)

Unfortunately, being a good colleague, I've made too many of those same mistakes over the years as well, so yes, I certainly wish I still had a DB pension. As far as AC, its great company in many ways and has done a great job of improving the product over the years. It is however, full of entitled union workers of which I don't miss at all. I could go on and on but nuff said. No regrets at all leaving as it's been an amazing experience all around and the 380 is by far the best AC I've flown. Anyway, good luck and I hope things turn around soon for all of us.
Well said.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Air Canada”