Are AC pilots and FA's required to self-isolate for 14 days after operating a overseas pairing ie YYZ-NRT-YYZ?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

The Hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Are AC pilots and FA's required to self-isolate for 14 days after operating a overseas pairing ie YYZ-NRT-YYZ?

Post by The Hammer »

I think the subject line says it all.

I've heard both yes and no depending on which AC employee and/or employee group I've talked to.

What's the Company (Flight ops) direction?

The pilot schedules are a poor indication because barely anybody is flying more than a couple of days a month right now.

What about other Canadian carriers like CargoJet? Both seem to be doing similar PPE flights
---------- ADS -----------

bob99
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Are AC pilots and FA's required to self-isolate for 14 days after operating a overseas pairing ie YYZ-NRT-YYZ?

Post by bob99 »

Required, no.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: Are AC pilots and FA's required to self-isolate for 14 days after operating a overseas pairing ie YYZ-NRT-YYZ?

Post by ahramin »

Only people actually having symptoms or a positive Covid test require isolation. Returning travellers are required to quarantine, not self isolate.

In BC I believe the answer is yes, with the exception that they can go back to work with no restriction. In other words each time you come home you are required to quarantine for two weeks unless you are working sooner than that.

98 Corolla
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 98 Corolla »

No they are exempt, nationally.

The Hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Hammer »

98 Corolla wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:33 am No they are exempt, nationally.
That's how I read the regulation/Interim Order but was curious as to what AC's actual direction is. I know pilots that isolate (as in hide in the basement from family their family for 14 days) and others that are like me and would just live life smartly as I do now. I figure that if my "essential services" COVID immunity works when operating domestic pairings it will work at the grocery store & LC too.

Right now I personally think the overseas pairing is safer than going in a Dollarama in the GTA or metropolitan Quebec......

TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TalkingPie »

AC cabin crew the official line is that flight crews are exempt from quarantine.

VeRmiLLioN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by VeRmiLLioN »

TalkingPie wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:56 pm AC cabin crew the official line is that flight crews are exempt from quarantine.
Pilots are Flight Crew
Flight Attendants are Cabin Crew

Both exempt.

Rank 0

Post by red 5 »

Straight up no

Return to “Air Canada”