Question of the week

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Does Air Canada deserve another stay of execution?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:25 pm

Yes
19%
No
81%

Total votes: 16

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Question of the week

Post by Panama Jack »

Maclean's Air Canada "Question of the week" can be taken here:

http://www.macleans.ca/
---------- ADS -----------

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

In today's PC and "humane" world it's best to give a beast of burden lots of meds and keep it on life support instead of a bullet to the head and ship it to the glue factory.

Sure it seems cruel but until you can talk to an animal, please don't think you know what's in it's best interest.. But today, many disabled people prefer to be euthanised but legally can't(funny how we're busy caring about who can marry who while those suffering continue to really suffer)..

Anyhoot..

A stay on execution, is just that a "stay." Doesn't mean a pardon, just prolonging death.

Guarantee that it won't die, which you can't and it's proven that more then likely it will die because the unions would rather see it fold then to set a precedence in submitting to the "big bad wolf"..

So, say goodbye and so long, let Canada pick up the ashes and create a new Air Canada.

It will not be "complicated" and costly as some have suggested..

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

For myself, I didn't vote on this poll since it doesn't seem to be a clear question. What exactly do they mean?

Are they talking about whether the government bails out Air Canada or whether we should hope and pray that Air Canada should survive, or is it just an assessment that Air Canada is unsuitable to continue it's existence?

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
Yoyoma
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Yoyoma »

The only airline that should be allowed to operate in Canada is Yoyomair !

There you go I said it

Image In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield...W. Buffett

Return to “Air Canada”