COVID MOA 2

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: COVID MOA 2

Post by alkaseltzer »

0000001 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:53 pm
BTD wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:06 pm
0000001 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm

Active pilots voted themselves a pay raise while 600 members are out of work and wondering where their next meal will come from. Disgusting.
Huh?
Let me explain. Pilots remaining employed after Sept 30th will now receive either 63 or 75 hours MBG. This represents an increment of "X" dollars in the company's payroll.

Know what else costs "X" dollars? Bringing back the 600 laid off pilots. Or some of them. The government is even offering to cover their wages under CEWS which is extended until summer 2021.

Instead of sending ACPA back to the table to negotiate a deal that helps ALL pilots, 82.5% chose to take the cash and leave the bottom 600 in the cold. Solidarity anyone? Oh right... solidarity applies in reverse order of seniority :roll:

Like I said... disgusting. Am I the only one who sees this?
I think you're missing the economics on this one. This is a deal of a lifetime with the most uncertain days ahead. Rob Giguere deserves the Nobel Prize for Economics amongst unions for the least percentage of layoffs. Aside from CEWS (company calls the shots), this is a f'ing sweet deal for everyone.

Yes I'm on furlough too. But you gotta call a sweet deal when you see it. Saves his son from layoff too.

Solidarity does apply in order of reverse seniority. Any airline. Union dues drives business. Top earners make more and pay more dues. Is this your first real airline?

TL, no way I could have seen you on the news conference today, with all due respect. No junior guy (who doesn't suffer from scoliosis) would want to see you in that position. You once had high esteem: https://news.paxeditions.com/news/archi ... icle/37307

Now look in the mirror man. Yes, things aren't perfect. But no need to lose your dignity if you need help. The pilots, not just ACPA, would support you getting the medical help that you need; we're not doctors, but you know when something just ain't so.

My 2 cents.
---------- ADS -----------

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

To be fair, Rob G likely had nothing to do with it. His job is ACPA administration and has really nothing to do with the MEC. Also you didn't quote Tony. I'm assuming that's who you mean when you were talking about medical help.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Why do so many people think he needs medical help? A higher level of judgment maybe, but actual medical assistance?

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

'97 Tercel wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:55 pm Why do so many people think he needs medical help? A higher level of judgment maybe, but actual medical assistance?
On a scale of 1 to Lubitz...not fair...okay, 1 to Sullenberger...?

Calin should invest in sanity tests post-pandemic. More productivity = higher profit sharing.

And planebored, point taken. Yes I was referring to him, I mentioned the initials, TL.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

alkaseltzer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:31 pm
'97 Tercel wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:55 pm Why do so many people think he needs medical help? A higher level of judgment maybe, but actual medical assistance?
On a scale of 1 to Lubitz...not fair...okay, 1 to Sullenberger...?

Calin should invest in sanity tests post-pandemic. More productivity = higher profit sharing.

And planebored, point taken. Yes I was referring to him, I mentioned the initials, TL.
Didn't click when I read over that.. whoops

dhc2pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dhc2pilot »

I’m guessing after 4 posts by Tony and the link to the video removed that he had a short stay on this forum after being removed. We will have to wait for Tony to start his on forum so he can attack everyone.

Johnny767
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Johnny767 »

0000001 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:53 pm
BTD wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:06 pm
0000001 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:01 pm

Active pilots voted themselves a pay raise while 600 members are out of work and wondering where their next meal will come from. Disgusting.
Huh?
Let me explain. Pilots remaining employed after Sept 30th will now receive either 63 or 75 hours MBG. This represents an increment of "X" dollars in the company's payroll.

Know what else costs "X" dollars? Bringing back the 600 laid off pilots. Or some of them. The government is even offering to cover their wages under CEWS which is extended until summer 2021.

Instead of sending ACPA back to the table to negotiate a deal that helps ALL pilots, 82.5% chose to take the cash and leave the bottom 600 in the cold. Solidarity anyone? Oh right... solidarity applies in reverse order of seniority :roll:

Like I said... disgusting. Am I the only one who sees this?
It's is unfortunate to find yourself on layoff, the piece you are missing is STOPPING any further layoffs. If we can keep this at 600 it will be a miracle. The corporation is on life support, be thankful that for once ACPA didn't make permanent changes to the collective agreement. Be further thankful for the current VP standing up for his Pilots, putting his job on the line with this MOA.

Hope like hell this turns around by spring.

tony ledsham
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tony ledsham »

dhc2pilot wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:18 am I’m guessing after 4 posts by Tony and the link to the video removed that he had a short stay on this forum after being removed. We will have to wait for Tony to start his on forum so he can attack everyone.
Nope - Still here. News of my demise is greatly exaggerated...

I posted this back in August, for COVID MOA v1.0, but it's even more pertinent today for COVID MOA v 2.0: https://www.captiongenerator.com/191505 ... atest-Memo

Why would the Company lay off pilots, when the vast majority of their wages will be covered by CEWS v 2.0 ? Bargaining tactic? :shock:

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

But this is avcanada where only the gang mentality hangs out! Calling others names and providing statements like “get help”!
I enjoyed the insight to the meeting video and if you think alpa is any different....same clowns , different circus.

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

I don't think they mean get help as an insult. I think they genuinely hope he seeks professional assistance with his mental health. I would hope those close to him, and his fellow MEC members aren't just locking him out of boardrooms and banning him from forums (though those things are currently necessary), but are actually providing compassion and opportunities for assistance.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

Does he possess a valid Cat 1 medical and is cleared to operate as aircrew?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

No.

Johnny767
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Johnny767 »

I for one am glad you are here Tony, always appreciate your views. The only furloughed Pilots in Canada not eligible for CEWS are from AC, which is very unfortunate. My understanding is the corp could not cover the benefits, given the large number of layoffs from other departments?

Then of course being in the Peoples Republic of Canuckistan we can't have Pilots receive a benefit that the Rampie doesn't get!

tony ledsham
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tony ledsham »

How much do the benefits cost AC? Claimsecure is an administrator, not an insurer. The CWIPP pension costs them 4.5% of SFA. The news will soon come out about CEWS. They can't resist free money...

tony ledsham
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tony ledsham »

altiplano wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:06 amNo.
Are you sure "altiplano" ?

tony ledsham
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tony ledsham »

What's your real name? I posted mine. Are you a coward?

tony ledsham
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tony ledsham »

tony ledsham wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:29 pm
dhc2pilot wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:18 am I’m guessing after 4 posts by Tony and the link to the video removed that he had a short stay on this forum after being removed. We will have to wait for Tony to start his on forum so he can attack everyone.
Nope - Still here. News of my demise is greatly exaggerated...

I posted this back in August, for COVID MOA v1.0, but it's even more pertinent today for COVID MOA v 2.0: https://www.captiongenerator.com/191505 ... atest-Memo

Why would the Company lay off pilots, when the vast majority of their wages will be covered by CEWS v 2.0 ? Bargaining tactic? :shock:
bump

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

tony ledsham wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:11 pm
altiplano wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:06 amNo.
Are you sure "altiplano" ?
I don't know. I thought you said you were on gdip or leave or something. Or maybe it was somebody else... but I think it was you, maybe it was on the other forum.
tony ledsham wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:13 pm What's your real name? I posted mine. Are you a coward?
That's your problem Tony. Slash and burn in every direction.

I was a big supporter of you, and still despite all the bullshit you have put out there and how poorly you have handled yourself through this all, I still believe you're doing it with good intentions. But what you've done isn't working, and that's an understatement, instead you're alienating the supporters you had and damaging/discrediting the message.

200Above
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 200Above »

tony ledsham wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:05 pm How much do the benefits cost AC? Claimsecure is an administrator, not an insurer. The CWIPP pension costs them 4.5% of SFA. The news will soon come out about CEWS. They can't resist free money...
As a furloughed member, I just applied for EI. Being on CEWS would be a huge change for me and my family. It's really unfortunate.

planebored
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by planebored »

200Above wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:49 pm
tony ledsham wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:05 pm How much do the benefits cost AC? Claimsecure is an administrator, not an insurer. The CWIPP pension costs them 4.5% of SFA. The news will soon come out about CEWS. They can't resist free money...
As a furloughed member, I just applied for EI. Being on CEWS would be a huge change for me and my family. It's really unfortunate.
Don't you have to pay your benefits anyways on furlough? Too bad ACPA couldn't have done something for the 600 furloughed pilots like get the company to keep them on CEWS as long as the program exists and have the pilot cover benefit/pension. EI is pretty terrible I remember being on it years ago and it was impossible to work a part time job, and almost not worth it to find a full time one! With CEWS you could make as much or as little as you wanted in addition to the payment. I feel for you man, it's not easy hopefully you'll be back sooner than later.

Return to “Air Canada”