Service Suspension Notice

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Service Suspension Notice

Post by FL-280 »

ALPApolicy wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:19 am
FL-280 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:05 pm
dhc# wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:23 pm Hasn't PAL jumped on Express and Porter leaving certain East Coast markets by recently adding 3(?) Q400s to their fleet. Perhaps its a sign of things to come across the country in many regional markets.
Once again, scope. Scope. Scope!!!
Basically, AC can't enter into a codeshare on routes wholly within Canada. The can't enter a joint venture on routes within Canada, unless ACPA would allow it. If PAL was to fly AC passengers it would have to be under a CPA.... highly unlikely.
Is EVAS still an AC feeder in NL and elsewhere in Atlantic Canada?
I am not quite sure. But, I think so, definetely have a reduced amount of flying. EVAS is under CPA with AC as a tier 3 carrier flying Small propeller aircrafts... that changes things
---------- ADS -----------

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Other Aircraft with CPA Carriers
In the second quarter of 2020, five 18-passenger Beech 1900 aircraft operated by CPA carriers on behalf of Air
Canada were retired from the fleet
From the AC 2nd quarter MD&A

No more EVAS contract.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Yes theoretically they still are, however every single one of their CPA routes were suspended back in the spring when AC made all those Atlantic Canada cuts. I assume they will restart those routes with them as the pandemic abates. In the meantime they are doing some charter/medivac/cargo in nL

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

hithere wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:10 am Yes theoretically they still are, however every single one of their CPA routes were suspended back in the spring when AC made all those Atlantic Canada cuts. I assume they will restart those routes with them as the pandemic abates. In the meantime they are doing some charter/medivac/cargo in nL
“..... were retired from the fleet...”

The 1900’s have been permanently removed from the CPA fleet.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Oops missed that part. Interesting...

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Air Canada suspending passenger service to Yellowknife on Jan. 23/2021 until further notice.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/ai ... -1.5870248

Assuming this affects Jazz...

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

So much for providing an “ Essential service.”

Go get em Gabor! Each Canadian who has money tied up in this should be refunded WITH interest.

The economy is a “ free market” the people have spoken and voted with their dollars. It’s sink or swim and unfortunately it looks like some are sinking and some of swimming.

A smaller, more efficient and customer friendly travel sector is in the works that will help the Canadian people.

AC pulled out of Penticton and PASCO has happily moved in to take the market share... it’s time to right-size the transport sector.

Torontomaplelaughs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Torontomaplelaughs »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:29 pm So much for providing an “ Essential service.”

Go get em Gabor! Each Canadian who has money tied up in this should be refunded WITH interest.

The economy is a “ free market” the people have spoken and voted with their dollars. It’s sink or swim and unfortunately it looks like some are sinking and some of swimming.

A smaller, more efficient and customer friendly travel sector is in the works that will help the Canadian people.

AC pulled out of Penticton and PASCO has happily moved in to take the market share... it’s time to right-size the transport sector.
Sorry to hear about the PFO from back in the day

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

Lots of routes from Newfoundland also cut today. Just the beginning IMO.

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Air.Field »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:29 pm So much for providing an “ Essential service.”

So according to your philosophy, no support for any industry or business, big or small. No support for autos, restaurants, mom & pop business, no support for minority owned ones either. Heck, why stop at business, no support for Canadians period! This is a free market like you said, either work or go without.. sink or swim as you say. So, cool, you don't have a clue.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Torontomaplelaughs wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:16 pm
Sorry to hear about the PFO from back in the day
Don’t flatter yourself.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

The airlines have a loan to the tune of several billion on the backs of the taxpayers which should be paid with interest.

I don’t take my car to the automotive shop and pay if they’ve failed to provide a service. The airlines cancelled flights - the public should be repaid with interest.. .

Airlines have received CEWS/ CERB..

The airlines are no more or less viable than any other business.

A so called essential service is failing to provide a service and is now choosing to not serve the Canadian public.

The airlines should have saved for a rainy day. Plain and simple...scrimp and save! - free market economics.

No major purchases. ( Transat) .. if they need money sell some assets like the rest of us.

The other question is why Canadians need a bailout .. nobody is scrimping and saving ...IMO people should have the funds to weather the storm without Justin coming to the rescue.

Why is AC pulling out of communities and PASCO stepping in?

Hopefully this is a lesson in customer service for these large corporations.. one only needs to look at the comments section of many of these news articles .. the taxpayer is not impressed with the service and does not want a industry bailout.

Someone will fill the void..

I’m sorry for those who will lose their jobs as a result of this mess. I’d imagine they’ll be picked up in short order.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

sanjet wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm Lots of routes from Newfoundland also cut today. Just the beginning IMO.
Goose Bay, Gander completely out. Not sure about Deer Lake. That might have already been cut. That about only leaves St. John’s!

Airlines aren’t charities to provinces that make it clear they don’t want people flying in so good for AC. I do hope people who bought tickets to a city that has been dumped get a refund though. Otherwise that’s basically theft.

Let’s Go Brandon
DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busines ... of-demand/

By Jan. 23, Air Canada will cease flying to Prince Rupert, Kamloops, Fredericton, Yellowknife, and Gander and Goose Bay in Newfoundland.
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 pm That about only leaves St. John’s!
Looks like St. John’s is cut too.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfound ... -1.5870725

Air Canada is slashing all service to Labrador and cutting two more routes out of Newfoundland, the company said Tuesday.

Service between Gander and Halifax, Goose Bay and Halifax, and St. John's and Toronto ends Jan. 23.

Torontomaplelaughs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Torontomaplelaughs »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:41 pm The airlines have a loan to the tune of several billion on the backs of the taxpayers which should be paid with interest.

I don’t take my car to the automotive shop and pay if they’ve failed to provide a service. The airlines cancelled flights - the public should be repaid with interest.. .

Airlines have received CEWS/ CERB..

The airlines are no more or less viable than any other business.

A so called essential service is failing to provide a service and is now choosing to not serve the Canadian public.

The airlines should have saved for a rainy day. Plain and simple...scrimp and save! - free market economics.

No major purchases. ( Transat) .. if they need money sell some assets like the rest of us.

The other question is why Canadians need a bailout .. nobody is scrimping and saving ...IMO people should have the funds to weather the storm without Justin coming to the rescue.

Why is AC pulling out of communities and PASCO stepping in?

Hopefully this is a lesson in customer service for these large corporations.. one only needs to look at the comments section of many of these news articles .. the taxpayer is not impressed with the service and does not want a industry bailout.

Someone will fill the void..

I’m sorry for those who will lose their jobs as a result of this mess. I’d imagine they’ll be picked up in short order.
Pasco :lol: :lol:

No disrespect to Pacific Coastal. They are good at what they do.

But the B1900 isn’t going to do it son

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FNIjn1dZvn4

To quote the Conservative party of Canada finance critic: “ if the business needs government support .. it’s a loser.”

Aviation has had CEWS, airport land/ rent relief, around 17 M in relief for northern aviation another 174 M for Canadian regional aviation.

On top of several billion in un refunded tickets...

It’s sad to say but ... the industry as a whole should have been prepared and went into this downturn without enough of a nest egg ..and we all need to pay the piper.

The government has an obligation to all sectors that are struggling.. not just one.

It’s also a small segment of the economy a several thousand jobs lost while sad is a... relative drop in the bucket when other sector’s unemployment numbers are accounted for.. we can’t think only ourselves.

Best of luck to everyone..

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:39 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FNIjn1dZvn4

To quote the Conservative party of Canada finance critic: “ if the business needs government support .. it’s a loser.”

Aviation has had CEWS, airport land/ rent relief, around 17 M in relief for northern aviation another 174 M for Canadian regional aviation.

On top of several billion in un refunded tickets...

It’s sad to say but ... the industry as a whole should have been prepared and went into this downturn without enough of a nest egg ..and we all need to pay the piper.

The government has an obligation to all sectors that are struggling.. not just one.

It’s also a small segment of the economy a several thousand jobs lost while sad is a... relative drop in the bucket when other sector’s unemployment numbers are accounted for.. we can’t think only ourselves.

Best of luck to everyone..
There is a difference between a rainy day and government regulations that hurt business. If the government didn’t have any testing or quarantine requirements and it was just the general population that was unwilling to fly that is one thing, it’s another when government regulations make the business extremely tough to operate.

WestJet as an example went from

http://westjet.mediaroom.com/2020-12-16 ... y-schedule

To

http://westjet.mediaroom.com/2021-01-08 ... ing-Regime

As a result of the government not free market forces

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

So.. the sector now believes it’s above the law? I haven’t seen family including my son during this time due to COVID. I don’t go out... groceries only.

He puts it best: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e0-2XxgHIXk

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/m.huffingto ... 68bf3b808/

The airlines should have been prepared to operate an essential service basis for essential reasons...period.. someone or something will take it’s place.

Again, to Quote Pierre Pollivere “ if the business needs a government bailout.. its a loser.”

It’s sad.. no doubt about that.. but this is the way life is ..

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:52 pm Again, to Quote Pierre Pollivere “ if the business needs a government bailout.. its a loser.”
If an individual needs the Government to get EI, CEWS, free helthcare system, child benefits, free school, or the need of a bank to get a mortgage,etc......does he also qualify as a loser? Are you not using any government benefits in your daily life GostRider?

chaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chaster »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:52 pm So.. the sector now believes it’s above the law? I haven’t seen family including my son during this time due to COVID. I don’t go out... groceries only.

He puts it best: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e0-2XxgHIXk

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/m.huffingto ... 68bf3b808/

The airlines should have been prepared to operate an essential service basis for essential reasons...period.. someone or something will take it’s place.

Again, to Quote Pierre Pollivere “ if the business needs a government bailout.. its a loser.”

Right on point Ghost Rider! NOTTTTTTT!! Its like sending a boxer in the ring with 2 hands tied behind his back! Do you know Howan Airline operates? When an Aircraft can cost upwards to 1 Million a month to lease there are very few if any airlines on the planet that can pay back future bookings in the current environment.The Govt of Canada has essentially shut us down !!! Keep listening to Justin my friend and while your hid away May i suggest you hide your money in a safe place cause his coming for yours next!!

Return to “Air Canada”