ACPA MEC

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RightPlaceWrongTime
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: ACPA MEC

Post by RightPlaceWrongTime »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by RightPlaceWrongTime on Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_Hoffa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy_Hoffa »

Your prayers have been answered… check the latest ACPA release on the website or Russian Owned App.

-Jimmy

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

For those not on the inside what was announced in the latest ACPA memo?

RightPlaceWrongTime
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RightPlaceWrongTime »

Good riddance. You did the right thing.

Last edited by RightPlaceWrongTime on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

It's about time.

Let's get this ship turned around.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

I only wish the lousy MOU's he signed and his three henchmen went with him.

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by airway »

yycflyguy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:10 pm

Take a look around you. Something like 35 FEDEX guys broke $1,000,000USD during COVID. UPS guys? Not far behind. Meanwhile we cross the Atlantic every night with only 2 pilots while every US carrier has 3.

It's guys like you that keep driving our contract into the mud... but the sad part is - YOU'RE PROBABLY ON ACPA NEGOTIATIONS
Reference?

top scale wide body (15 year) at FedEx is $335 USD, which is $428 CAD.

About $400,000 CAD per year with no OT.

speedah
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by speedah »

airway wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Take a look around you. Something like 35 FEDEX guys broke $1,000,000USD during COVID. UPS guys? Not far behind. Meanwhile we cross the Atlantic every night with only 2 pilots while every US carrier has 3.

It's guys like you that keep driving our contract into the mud... but the sad part is - YOU'RE PROBABLY ON ACPA NEGOTIATIONS
Reference?

They have a proper contract with the ability to make much more. For example, long range flights attract a premium for the ENTIRE pairing.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

airway wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Reference?

There are some very generous overtime systems out there. Notably DAL and SWA. US Cargo carriers probably the same (at least during COVID). Multiplying hourly rate x 1000 will give you base salary but some Pilot contracts can see that number doubled using overtime rules.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

Geez the fed ex pilots are capped at $130K in pension payments! That’s only 13% of their final average earnings FAE if they’re making $1M which I don’t doubt. The takeaway is that it pays big to work for a company that has its operating income go up by over 1,400% in one year.

Anyway major thread drift alert. May I suggest that the recent P4C survey just might have been the last straw for MM’s supporters?

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Ratherbe wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:01 pm Geez the fed ex pilots are capped at $130K in pension payments! That’s only 13% of their final average earnings FAE if they’re making $1M which I don’t doubt. The takeaway is that it pays big to work for a company that has its operating income go up by over 1,400% in one year.

Anyway major thread drift alert. May I suggest that the recent P4C survey just might have been the last straw for MM’s supporters?
Might have, though the respondants to the survey were rather few in the bigger scheme. Only about 530.

They have a --lot of work to do-- among the Membership yet.

redbusdriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by redbusdriver »

mm did what he could, in the end he wisely chose family. look forward to who will take up the reins of acpa.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Here we go. Vote for the most important union role happening today. No clue who's running. The will of the Membership is for more transparency, not collusion and back-room dealing. Let's see if it's more of the same, or real change will finally occur.

You have no say in which direction this goes. Good luck. It's all we have.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

Most important role? Hmm perhaps. However, the MEC itself makes the decisions not the Chair. He is the spokesman. Whoever they elect will have a difficult job bringing both the MEC and the membership together.

Sorry to say my predictions for MM were correct but I do have high hopes for the only candidate who has stepped forward so far. Hopefully everyone will rally behind him. If the MEC elects a “status quo” Chair then I suspect his tenure will be short.

asleep_at_the_yoke
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by asleep_at_the_yoke »

Ratherbe wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:07 am Most important role? Hmm perhaps. However, the MEC itself makes the decisions not the Chair. He is the spokesman. Whoever they elect will have a difficult job bringing both the MEC and the membership together.

Sorry to say my predictions for MM were correct but I do have high hopes for the only candidate who has stepped forward so far. Hopefully everyone will rally behind him. If the MEC elects a “status quo” Chair then I suspect his tenure will be short.
Well in MM's case, when you have a MEC vote and when said MEC is split 5/5 on nearly everything and the Chair is the tie breaker the Chair very much makes decisions.

In a perfect world the MEC Chair should be a facilitator for the rest of the MEC to come to consensus and lead as one, instead of a toxic fractured group they currently are no thanks to YUL, YVR and YWG. I hope the one person I know you're talking about wins, as I also have high hopes. That said I think it will be a fight to the end with the three bases listed above. They want status quo, for what reason I don't know. Too many are buddy buddy with KOB and MS. RG needs to get turfed as well.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Ratherbe wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:07 am Most important role? Hmm perhaps. However, the MEC itself makes the decisions not the Chair. He is the spokesman. Whoever they elect will have a difficult job bringing both the MEC and the membership together.

Ratherbe,

We have a long history of split MEC’s and the chair constantly breaking the tie. TA1 was this way. The last 3 years have been this way.

In fact the last three years have been so bad that MEC members have put lawyers into action against their opposition on the MEC. Not just the TL affair. There is more.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Thinking back over the last decade, I believe it would have been better for the pilot group to have had no representation at all, just a contract. That's saying something.

Our representatives have simply been a conduit for Management to lower our expectations and subvert/corrupt our collective agreement. There should be NO buddy-buddy relationship ever. The love-in with Ben Smith who joined our MEC onstage in Toronto at the Convention Center to sell the last contract was the last straw for me. He was given the floor longer than any union official. It was a rotten move that reeked of complicity. I walked out in disgust.

Those complicit during that sell job are still making decisions for the Membership. There are 4 that should be ousted, pronto. No doubt a few are running for the top job.

asleep_at_the_yoke
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by asleep_at_the_yoke »

Fanblade wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:27 am

Ratherbe,

We have a long history of split MEC’s and the chair constantly breaking the tie. TA1 was this way. The last 3 years have been this way.

In fact the last three years have been so bad that MEC members have put lawyers into action against their opposition on the MEC. Not just the TL affair. There is more.
MM went hard after some MEC members with false claims that they leaked information. All the while Mr Montreal openly posts and shares in camera information on his Montreal Fan Page, and via untraceable phone calls. It's hypocrisy at it's finest.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Happy GR won.

Congrats. Let's see how this works out....or not.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Now the YUL vice is gone... the tides are turning.

Return to “Air Canada”